Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ever since I saw URL started uploading those interviews on their channel, I knew what was up. Though I don't think that URL could really freeze out media. Like look at basketball (Surf voice) the players do give post game interviews and such, but they can also go on ESPN or other outlets, (Like All the Smoke). I look at URL Media News as just the post game interviews of battle rap.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever since I saw URL started uploading those interviews on their channel, I knew what was up. Though I don't think that URL could really freeze out media. Like look at basketball (Surf voice) the players do give post game interviews and such, but they can also go on ESPN or other outlets, (Like All the Smoke). I look at URL Media News as just the post game interviews of battle rap.

Existing platforms will be fine IMO.

It doesn’t hurt charismatic bloggers, that don’t really need the URL.

This can prevent new media from being created, as far as platforms like HHIS and 15 mins, which were built on going to URL events, conducting interviews, and developing relationships in the process.

They’re big enough to where they don’t need the URL nowadays, even if they were restricted from being at events to do pre/post battle interviews. I just don’t believe building a platform off their blueprint will work going forward.

Knowledge came at the right time. It’s over for the nyggas that are like him, that are overweight, can’t articulate themselves, could never get people to watch them on their own, and think they can just pull up at an event and build their brand.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Existing platforms will be fine IMO.

It doesn’t hurt charismatic bloggers, that don’t really need the URL.

This can prevent new media from being created, as far as platforms like HHIS and 15 mins, which were built on going to URL events, conducting interviews, and developing relationships in the process.

They’re big enough to where they don’t need the URL nowadays, even if they were restricted from being at events to do pre/post battle interviews. I just don’t believe building a platform off their blueprint will work going forward.

Knowledge came at the right time. It’s over for the nyggas that are like him, that are overweight, can’t articulate themselves, could never get people to watch them on their own, and think they can just pull up at an event and build their brand.

:dead: :mjlol:

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Brehs, I’m late on eazy the block captain :wow: Dude is raw, just seen his battle with top and Danny. Any other ones of his that are fire?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea apparently Deebo had to break it up, Eazy was drunk

Dude just got a taste of the spotlight and he's wilding. You're at an event for women in battle rap, among women in battle rap. If you care anything about your woman, don't do ANYTHING that looks even a tiny bit controlling at an event like that. I don't know what happened exactly but even if it was just an argument I don't respect it at all. Even if your woman is the submissive type you might have to be a little fake in that environment. Don't give her peers anything to hold over her head.