Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
i expect Danny to be on any and every top tier neck who shat on his name and a top 3 Champion contender

Danny is definitely about to be on one in 2021. No-brainer early pick for 2021 COTY contender.

OAN: The fact that Chilla won Champion for 2020 AND started 2021 by 30ing K-Shine puts him in prime position to repeat.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love seeing how far battlers come along. I remember first seeing Chilla vs Cash Eatin and thought "Nah this nikka is fukking crazy". I always put that next to the first time I saw JC and had the same reaction. Still my two most favorite debuts on URL.

I get geeked any time battlers get props outside of the community, we seen these nikkas rap their hearts out for nothing but a dap from smack and love of the sport :mjcry: even as fans it's like we gotta keep all this history/piff to ourselves cuz it's too raw for mainstream entertainment, we all win when the culture gets recognized

On top of the URL brand in general doing a good job at keeping this shyt as black as possible :blessed: that biggie vid really brought this shyt full circle for me

Facts :wow: I remember when Jay Z tweeted you gon get this work :wow: When Kevin Durant pulled up to Summer madness (or I think it was Nome), Drake telling Mook he gotta see Surf first before they battle :mjcry: Lloyd Banks being tapped into the culture in general :wow:

Battle rap is the shyt :wow:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Only reason is because they put a lot of stock in the tournament, and he got to the finals of Ultimate Madness 2 and probably should've won, but he threw the finals to Holmzie.

He was shyt in the tournament too

shyt vs YK
shyt vs Nunn
shyt vs Holmzie

I hate Jayblac

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Jay Z went on Breakfast Club and said Dont Do That. With the fingers and all

• Dap
Reactions: dre

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I couldn't possibly care any less about these awards but Danielle Fishel will forever be bad off the strength of Topanga alone, :ahh:. Whats the backstory? She likes battle rap/Chilla?
Yeah pretty much. I believe the connection comes from Chilla helping her during the TBS Drop the Mic/Rap battle thing they did with celebrities. She follows him on IG. It was dope for Jayblack to get her to do this.

This. Her husband is Jensen Karp (formerly Hot Karl from NBA Live soundtrack "Blao" fame lol) and he was the executive producer of that Drop the Mic show that had battlers write for the celebs (I know Rone was a writer on there too)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Only reason is because they put a lot of stock in the tournament, and he got to the finals of Ultimate Madness 2 and probably should've won, but he threw the finals to Holmzie.

They put a lot of stock into his battles with Arsonal and T-Top (January 2020) too.

That whole 10-6 got dicey, because they put a lot of stock into the tournament and then went ahead and used it to put Eazy and Jey at 10-9, and then Bill Collector was being argued everywhere from 10 to 6. shyt was weird, i probably would've had it
10. Bill
9. Holmzie
8. Jey
7. Eazy
6. Fonz

Holmzie had a lot of momentum and then B.Dot stopped that whole train from moving

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
They put a lot of stock into his battles with Arsonal and T-Top (January 2020) too.

That whole 10-6 got dicey, because they put a lot of stock into the tournament and then went ahead and used it to put Eazy and Jey at 10-9, and then Bill Collector was being argued everywhere from 10 to 6. shyt was weird, i probably would've had it
10. Bill
9. Holmzie
8. Jey
7. Eazy
6. Fonz

Holmzie had a lot of momentum and then B.Dot stopped that whole train from moving
tbh i was disappointed homlzie lost to that cuz it wasn't some unbeatable angle or anything