Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avocado had some racist fukkery exposed, pretty sure he hasn't worked with URL since but idk, nikkas will c00n for a watery eye'd apology and a dap

it also unlocked an angle on Geechie because he's on that "he never did it to ME so idc" time, B Dot was too
Disappointing, but not that surprising. That west coast backpacker/scribble jam battle scene that he came from had a lot of subtle racism ingrained in it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
any of yall peep DNA's new show Everything don't got a backstory :ohhh: he might legit have one with this (another one i guess cuz Bfast with the champ seems to be doing well)

basically it's just nikkas giving us the backstories on everything :whew: fire show name, SMACK and Big T supposed to be on tonight @ 10est givin us classic stories only the battlers know about

shine was WYLING :dead: i aint pulling up to no damn Big T party in the chi after i done battled him and said wild shyt :dead: them nikkas don't care

nikkas standing on the kitchen island with AK's just chillin had shine in there :sadcam:

nikka in there casually accepting guns (most likely hot) like cigarettes :russ: you know of this shyt @FreshAIG ?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
a faded K shine being pressured into a Chicago footwork dance battle is fukking hilarious

"im in chicago dance battling nikkas wit guns having the time of my LIFE :blessed:"

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any of yall peep DNA's new show Everything don't got a backstory :ohhh: he might legit have one with this (another one i guess cuz Bfast with the champ seems to be doing well)

basically it's just nikkas giving us the backstories on everything :whew: fire show name, SMACK and Big T supposed to be on tonight @ 10est givin us classic stories only the battlers know about

shine was WYLING :dead: i aint pulling up to no damn Big T party in the chi after i done battled him and said wild shyt :dead: them nikkas don't care

nikkas standing on the kitchen island with AK's just chillin had shine in there :sadcam:

nikka in there casually accepting guns (most likely hot) like cigarettes :russ: you know of this shyt @FreshAIG ?

Yeah that shyt is really dope. This one where he tells a story from when he was a gambling addict had me dying.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
holy shiiiit :russ:

that shine story is ridiculous on so many levels :russ: nikka was stuck in (literally in between) a sliding door at a hospital with the cops tryna catch him and the security guard laughing at his dumbass tryna go OUT thru the IN door

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I saw that shyt too but I'mma let it ride......Bill Collector in a bath tub with some white guy taking his phone is still CRAZY tho...that and Tay Roc doing a photo shoot in the same bath tub is CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

(Umar Johnson voice) I beg your pardon??!!

yeah i have it the same, Even the 3rd was close like you said, people giving dna credit for talking real shyt but so did Ave, it was similiar to like goodz/geechi but in that battle people were saying its two different perspectives. I dont get how people have DNA clearly winning like this battle, the battle vs mickey factz, the battle vs verb. to me they arent close. or recently k shine vs chess, chess rapped circles around him, I dont care that shine said chess is fukking his career up. its like someone else said earlier in the thread or maybe in the vol 7 thread, this talking to you about your not promoting yourself right is becoming a tired angle. are we here to do that or rap ? I like angles but its not even too creative anymore and the level of rapping matters you cant just be saying it with no ability.

Totally agree. Shine is another battler that I don’t understand why he’s so highly regarded the way he is. The whole narrative of him being undefeated for nearly 2 years made no sense to me because I had Chess clearly beating him and Geechi 3-0’d him. There’s definitely a bias with DNA and Shine but I don’t really know why.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ice's mans was the guy Biggie was battling in that classic clip :ohhh: the legend of Ice gets more interesting every time we hear something, makes even more sense that Lux was molded by dude and also why Ice never seemed pressed over Smack and them, he don't view them the same as most of battle rap does......

Gorilla's Den? :mindblown: fire

Last edited: