Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chilla Jones or Ill Will definitely deserves Champion of The Year wasn’t impressed with Chilla first 2 rounds vs B Dot but he left earth in the 3rd if B Dot hadn’t stumbled he would be the clear contender but the consensus is that Chilla for the battle.

K Shine disqualified himself with that trash ass battle vs Pat Stay possibly the worst battle of the year

If 40 hadn’t choked Vs Official she could’ve been a contender too even though I feel like she still won that battle

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I need Daylyt to get Shine the fukk outta here. Day been baiting this for months now, show and prove time

Rum & Shine both agreed to battle Daylyt near the top of the year. They simply were waiting for URL to put up the right numbers. They’re big enough names to make it go down without a bunch of extra.

Daylyt however, instead of making calls and agreeing to it...wants to do 8 blogs and troll back and forth, which neither Rum nor Shine are interested in.

Last edited:

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Surf only admits losses he can't get around (Lux and Clips). Those the only two he'll admit to losing to.

He initially went on twitter after the Conceited battle and said something to the tune of 'I've never been behind that many bars in my career'. But he later deleted it and rode with his fans saying he won.

There's clearly an initial disappointment when you 'lose in the building' which prompts that rare moment of transparency from battlers, but like mentioned earlier, it's better to just shut up and let ya fans go to war for u and keep that invincibility allure :russ:

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He initially went on twitter after the Conceited battle and said something to the tune of 'I've never been behind that many bars in my career'. But he later deleted it and rode with his fans saying he won.

There's clearly an initial disappointment when you 'lose in the building' which prompts that rare moment of transparency from battlers, but like mentioned earlier, it's better to just shut up and let ya fans go to war for u and keep that invincibility allure :russ:

Ironically that's one of those battles for me where I initially had con winning but with time I lean more towards Surf.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Ironically that's one of those battles for me where I initially had con winning but with time I lean more towards Surf.
It took me years to admit it he may have lost that one.. but alot of Con shyt just don't hold up through the years

I still think he was a needed vessel in order to push creativity/cleverness into the game. In a wierd way he's more of a godfather than Mook/Lux/Serius in terms of influencing the direction of current battle rap. However looking back at some of his shyt with a 2020 brain is :scust:

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It took me years to admit it he may have lost that one.. but alot of Con shyt just don't hold up through the years

I still think he was a needed vessel in order to push creativity/cleverness into the game. In a wierd way he's more of a godfather than Mook/Lux/Serius in terms of influencing the direction of current battle rap. However looking back at some of his shyt with a 2020 brain is :scust:

Facts, Con and Sons stylistically influenced battle rappers more then Mook/lux did.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

“He battled Tall T and said he’ll pass the Glock to Fox...AND THEN WHAT??”

:mjlol:

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Facts, Con and Sons stylistically influenced battle rappers more then Mook/lux did.
With respect to Mook/Lux, Serius was actually the more marketable and influential (especially if he could have stayed consistent). Having the ability to integrate street shyt with humor and charisma was always the cheat code to crossing over in battle rap.

There's a reason he was the 1st battle rapper signed (it just happened to be to a Rapper who didn't even have the wherewithal to make 2 Chainz pop) and was the catalyst to getting fight club there MTV 2 deal.

He gave Conceited, Clips etc.. the blueprint

His falloff definitely fukked over his legacy

Last edited:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I had no interest in B Dot vs Suge but they sold the battle well on DNA's show. I want to see it now.

Up to this point, I’ve felt like this battle was a wash as far as either of them gaining anything from it but now...B-Dot needs a bounce back performance after Chilla and I’m actually interested to see if Suge can push his pen to a new level.