Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Yea i know. These nikkas kill me man. B.Dot and Danja both should of just shut the hell up and let the fans speak. Stop letting this gas effect u man. The battles still gotta drop on the app.

Clips, Shine, Geechi, Surf

4 guys you’d have to put a gun to in order to get to say they lost a battle. Being that they aren’t judged, I’d never say I lost either

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

4 guys you’d have to put a gun to in order to get to say they lost a battle. Being that they aren’t judged, I’d never say I lost either
Tone Bro always said there's no upside to admitting you lost.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah surf will admit he lost but will give some shytty excuse, that he doesn't care, and that wins and losses don't matter at his level while throwing in some basketball analogy.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nah surf will admit he lost but will give some shytty excuse, that he doesn't care, and that wins and losses don't matter at his level while throwing in some basketball analogy.
Surf only admits losses he can't get around (Lux and Clips). Those the only two he'll admit to losing to.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps

I must say Cassidy has modern Battle Rap down to a science in that aspect. He’s gonna give great face-offs/promo and he’s gonna say he won no matter what. You can’t convince that man he didn’t 30 Goodz & Arsonal :mjlol:

It’s hilarious...from an entertainment standpoint, I love it

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Mook is the main one most of these guys follow, and you would probably have to actually shoot before he would admit to taking an L lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's right. What do you actually gain from saying you lost?? Hell, that's really a life lesson. There's almost never a gain from announcing your Ls in the moment; the ONLY way your can make your Ls seem like a win is after your career is done, or after you've leveled up, and you can talk about how you went through that loss and it made you this great warrior. That's essentially how Roc's first loss to Clips is looked at (or at least how it was looked at while Roc was on his run).

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Mook is the main one most of these guys follow, and you would probably have to actually shoot before he would admit to taking an L lol.

He’s made it work for him too. IMO...he clearly lost to Millz, P80, Lux (the 1st time), and Serius Jones. However you hear the narrative all the time “Mook has never lost. He’s the Mayweather of Battle Rap” etc.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s made it work for him too. IMO...he clearly lost to Millz, P80, Lux (the 1st time), and Serius Jones. However you hear the narrative all the time “Mook has never lost. He’s the Mayweather of Battle Rap” etc.
Yep. He's literally built his career on the idea that he's never lost, and it's earned him over a hundred thousand dollars. Mook wouldn't be able to make the financial demands he does today without continually pushing the idea that he was undefeated, when in reality he was involved in as many debatable battles as anyone.