Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had no interest in B Dot vs Suge but they sold the battle well on DNA's show. I want to see it now.

I think Bdot should wait until Suge gets hot before taking that battle. Even if he lost to Chilla, a cold version of Suge is a step down.

Suge has a trend of either being hot or cold his entire career. However, it may be harder to get hot in the app era. Only way Suge can start getting hot is if he can get back on Caffeine.

I’m not looking forward to it, but I don’t mind it either. As I said before I’d like to see Bdot explore different type of battles outside of “pen “ guys.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
His falloff definitely fukked over his legacy

The Math situation did more damage to his rep I’d say. You pointed out...he was just as big if not bigger than Mook & Lux in their heyday, got hotter than both of them outside of battle rap, took the same amount of time off from battle rap as them...then came back around the same time.

Rep wise, that situation made him “another battle rapper who got punched by Math” as opposed to a Legend/contemporary of Mook & Lux. He’s had some dud performances and has battled on some barnyard leagues and that hasn’t helped but I don’t think it’s been nearly as damaging to his name as that punch.

Hell...Mook got pistol whipped in the head by Math...but since it didn’t happen on camera/in-front of thousands of people...it doesn’t get readily brought up when you mention him.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Math situation did more damage to his rep I’d say. You pointed out...he was just as big if not bigger than Mook & Lux in their heyday, got hotter than both of them outside of battle rap, took the same amount of time off from battle rap as them...then came back around the same time.

Rep wise, that situation made him “another battle rapper who got punched by Math” as opposed to a Legend/contemporary of Mook & Lux. He’s had some dud performances and has battled on some barnyard leagues and that hasn’t helped but I don’t think it’s been nearly as damaging to his name as that punch.

Hell...Mook got pistol whipped in the head by Math...but since it didn’t happen on camera/in-front of thousands of people...it doesn’t get readily brought up when you mention him.

The punch was very damaging. Imagine if Mook, who the battle rap community was already down on after the Mook/Iron battle, battled Math in his second battle back, and had got punched in his face? His status would have been in the toilet.

Serius had poor career management, and should have never been in that situation. The fact that he accepted a battle with Math was bizarre. His status was still fairly high, and he should have been trying to battle top names.

Mook and Lux have had their duds, but have been able to maintain their status by good career management. They make sure that a Mook or Lux battle is a big time event. Serius didn’t do that.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Serius had poor career management, and should have never been in that situation. The fact that he accepted a battle with Math was bizarre. His status was still fairly high, and he should have been trying to battle top names.

He was duped into the battle the same way Math has unsuccessfully tried with Lux, Mook, Surf, Dna, Goodz and luckily worked with Clips and Hollow where he creates some fake rivalry that needs to be 'settled'.

Unfortunately for Serius, that punch knocked him off his pedestal. It seemed like he was demoralized, as soon after he would be battling the Jimz and O Solo's of the world :snoop:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Im washing my hands with B Dot as of right now. @H. Selassie you really removed the wool from eyes. This nikka is goofball.

He's a great rapper (flows, cadence, blah blah) but the nikka is a mediocre writer. He's not as nice as his followers claim to be. His sets up are cool (with dry spots) but are followed by really whack punchline.

On top of that his has some of stupidest angles EVER (how JC should be a performer because he was a dancer, Ooops SUCCESSFUL philanthropic and political ventures, Chilla Jones alleged affair with some chick that's known in the battle rapper twitter world, amongst bunch of other dumb shyt) or they'll just be flat out false (Verbs mother being a dyke).

Not to mention dude is flawed as hell (went from calling Smack a plantation owner/slave master to calling him Big Homie/Unc; called JC out for using the race card against Iron but that literally how he got a buzz in the first place vs Strict lol. Pans T Top for glorifying selling drugs but vs EK says LA should the one renowned for everything he claims he's against in his 3rd rounds, called Smack out for letting Money Bagz say the N word but doesn't confront Dizater about saying it). Like I could go on forever. Dude is really clown (explains why he painted his face vs Loso). JC and Chillas rounds for this hotel heffah really hit harder now.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im washing my hands with B Dot as of right now. @H. Selassie you really removed the wool from eyes. This nikka is goofball.

He's a great rapper (flows, cadence, blah blah) but the nikka is a mediocre writer. He's not as nice as his followers claim to be. His sets up are cool (with dry spots) but are followed by really whack punchline.

On top of that his has some of stupidest angles EVER (how JC should be a performer because he was a dancer, Ooops SUCCESSFUL philanthropic and political ventures, Chilla Jones alleged affair with some chick that's known in the battle rapper twitter world, amongst bunch of other dumb shyt) or they'll just be flat out false (Verbs mother being a dyke).

Not to mention dude is flawed as hell (went from calling Smack a plantation owner/slave master to calling him Big Homie/Unc; called JC out for using the race card against Iron but that literally how he got a buzz in the first place vs Strict lol. Pans T Top for glorifying selling drugs but vs EK says LA should the one renowned for everything he claims he's against in his 3rd rounds, called Smack out for letting Money Bagz say the N word but doesn't confront Dizater about saying it). Like I could go on forever. Dude is really clown (explains why he painted his face vs Loso). JC and Chillas rounds for this hotel heffah really hit harder now.

you only figured out now battle rappers in general are hypocritical like a dying hippopotamus?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Here's the article from Sports Illustrated on the B Dot/Reggie Bush play Chilla was talking about. (B Dot's real name is Charles Burnley)

722758---093---image.jpg

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never bought into "if a battler says they lost they lost" argument, not saying i had b dot winning but just in general. its an opinionated "sport". even the battler themselves can feel they lost and it doesnt mean someone else cant think they won

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never bought into "if a battler says they lost they lost" argument, not saying i had b dot winning but just in general. its an opinionated "sport". even the battler themselves can feel they lost and it doesnt mean someone else cant think they won

If a battle rapper is stupid enough to jump on cam right after the battle, and give every indication thst they just lost, to feel like they "won" when we watch as fans, once they put it out to the world its a lil too late for our opinions. The damage has already been done unfortunately. Its hard enough for most battle rappers to admit they lost a round lol

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That's why I don't like them talking wins and loses after the battle. Just go to the next battle like they use to do. It'll make more since if their were judges.