Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
ayo why dont people like ace amin? what happened? I thought he was an up and comer. Not gonna lie, that app done fukked up battle rap for me. Both of them actually. Caffeine is retarded for no video logs and when i paid for the url app that fakkit troy was uploading nothing but PG battles and it was only like 2 a week :unimpressed:

Also is my boy Ro still battling?

Ace choked in multiple battles is the answer. When you talk like that bamma talks (in terms of cockiness and aggressiveness), you kinda got to have your shyt buttoned up or you're going to get ridiculed and eventually ostracized if you keep fukking up. He's had some terrific performances that still show that he has about as high a ceiling as any of these new nikkas though imo. Ace v Fuse/Jey/Holmzie/Fonz (he choked in the second but he kicked Fonz's ass in the first and third imo)/he was good against Newz etc.

He probably has one more crack at having a Chess like revival though. If he gets this John John battle he has to perform well or you can go on ahead and bury the hype.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
in Swamp's defense, he eventually said he didnt want the Top battle since it was taking too long, plus Swave might've wanted Swamp

Tay Roc still wants the smoke
Swave just wants a plate. Nobody cares about Swamp after Casey got him out of there. They either think Swave is an easy bounce back for him (WRONG), Swamp thinks he wants Swave (STUPID), or they, most likely, needed a cheap card filler, and want to pressure Swamp to improve.

Last edited:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
ayo why dont people like ace amin? what happened? I thought he was an up and comer. Not gonna lie, that app done fukked up battle rap for me. Both of them actually. Caffeine is retarded for no video logs and when i paid for the url app that fakkit troy was uploading nothing but PG battles and it was only like 2 a week :unimpressed:

Also is my boy Ro still battling?

In a lot of battles for Ace, what does it for me is his constant stuttering/bringing it back/sloppiness. Its like when Saga has a bad day and you know he's ABOUT to choke. The App is doing a lot of harm for battle rap, but URL was gonna cash out eventually. The quality of the App has gotten a LOT better battle wise, but thats mostly due to to them having events every 4-6 weeks

Are we at the point with K shine, where its like tay roc in his prime. as long as he yells his bars and works up a sweat people auto give him the win? i was watching unbias act like he gonna kill pat stay, im not even big on pat stay but he isnt no slouch at all. he beat roc, he beat suge like, but then again its totally possible that pat stay does everything to win but people just give the battle to shine spitting his one liner bullshyt, and imo hes more overated than roc in his prime, roc had some bars at least. shine says the dumbest most simple shyt that if it was someone perceived as corny they wouldnt get away with some of the bullshyt. chess rapped circles around him but its a clear win cause shine yelled at him
I feel like the NWX riders feel like that with K-Shine tbh.
Pat Stay is definitely an Aura battler, i dont think you can just rap and beat him because you'll talk about how you'll shoot/stab/beat him up and he'll just joke your life away. Shine has performed REALLY well against Chess and E-Hart but I still have Pat 2-1.

Swqve just wants a plate. Nobody cares about Swamp after Casey got him out of there. They either think Swave is an easy bounce back for him (WRONG), Swamp thinks he wants Swave (STUPID), or they, most likely, needed a cheap card filler, and want to pressure to improve.

I think Swave on his show has been calling out Swamp for a good lil minute now, you probably right about the plate though. Nobody really cared about Swamp even when he beat Twork if we're being honest. Twork had one and a half rounds that shat on Swamp, lost, and nobody was really talking about how Swamp won the biggest battle of his career by default

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Ace choked in multiple battles is the answer. When you talk like that bamma talks (in terms of cockiness and aggressiveness), you kinda got to have your shyt buttoned up or you're going to get ridiculed and eventually ostracized if you keep fukking up. He's had some terrific performances that still show that he has about as high a ceiling as any of these new nikkas though imo. Ace v Fuse/Jey/Holmzie/Fonz (he choked in the second but he kicked Fonz's ass in the first and third imo)/he was good against Newz etc.

He probably has one more crack at having a Chess like revival though. If he gets this John John battle he has to perform well or you can go on ahead and bury the hype.

I never really cared about chokes unless it was some shyt that actually stopped his round and it was like mad early too. 40 seconds into the round choking :scust:

These guys smoke a ton of weed and 9 minutes is alot to remember and there's really no practice. You have one shot and that's it. I mean there's rounds for a reason. I can't shyt on a man for fukkin up a round.

I understand from a fan perspective though you getting paid big bucks for 9 minutes, get it together.

I been interested in amin for a while. Saw his general battle and he left earth. But he's on the app. :unimpressed:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ace is not a reliable battler, which is why his peers from that first tournament will surpass him.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
One of the only positives that has come from this Corona situation is that battle rap has lost the big crowd hype and GIMMICKS

I’m loving all the battles that has come from this and the fact that it’s starting to separate real spitters from the others.

I’m starting to tune back in a lot more.

a lot of y’all gonna hate this opinion but dudes like LUX, BDOT, CHILLA and DAYLYT ( if he’s focused) are nearly impossible to beat in this setting.

we saw it wit Lux and Surf, and we saw it with BDOT and T-top

that CHILLA vs BDOTgonna be battle of the year as far as STRAIGHT RAPPING is concerned
There is still plenty of gas in these small room battles

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Ace is not a reliable battler, which is why his peers from that first tournament will surpass him.
Ace is dope to me, but I agree he's unreliable.

However, I will say, he has a better chance than most rookies to still get big looks only because URL wants to push him. Plus he keeps his name buzzing even when he's not battling. He probably has a bigger buzz now than Fonz, and Fonz won the first tourney.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I see why Math posted that shyt about Bonnie yesterday:mjlol:
There is nothing worse than a woman that wants revenge on a ex.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
One of the only positives that has come from this Corona situation is that battle rap has lost the big crowd hype and GIMMICKS

I’m loving all the battles that has come from this and the fact that it’s starting to separate real spitters from the others.

I’m starting to tune back in a lot more.

a lot of y’all gonna hate this opinion but dudes like LUX, BDOT, CHILLA and DAYLYT ( if he’s focused) are nearly impossible to beat in this setting.

we saw it wit Lux and Surf, and we saw it with BDOT and T-top

that CHILLA vs BDOTgonna be battle of the year as far as STRAIGHT RAPPING is concerned

Why would anyone want this? Black people don't invent shyt without swag. Why the hell would I want to see pure technical skills without charisma, delivey, and crowd control? Might as well just fukking post your lyrics on twitter and have a vote lmao.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Daylyt will always be held at a higher regard than Verb. Always has. Always will.
This is not true at all. Verb have been above Daylyt his entire career. Daylyt have lost more battles than he has won. He had a classic performance against Roc but don’t get carried away. Daylyt might be more popular than Verb at this moment but don’t rewrite history.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Swamp gone beat Swave...

The way he approached tha Casey J shyt was a Rookie mistake.

Swave called Swamp out... So Swamp accepted...

Nothing bad to say about Swave...

2-1 Swamp...

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
This is not true at all. Verb have been above Daylyt his entire career. Daylyt have lost more battles than he has won. He had a classic performance against Roc but don’t get carried away. Daylyt might be more popular than Verb at this moment but don’t rewrite history.

nikka Daylyt BEEN better than Verb fukk that Tay Roc performance. nikkas argue Daylyt is the best writer in Battlerap. I dont see nikka saying that about Verb. And stop acting like Daylyt only good showing is against Roc.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikka Daylyt BEEN better than Verb fukk that Tay Roc performance. nikkas argue Daylyt is the best writer in Battlerap. I dont see nikka saying that about Verb. And stop acting like Daylyt only good showing is against Roc.
Your acting like a stan. Daylyt went through a period were he was losing battles even when he tried. I never said he only have one good performance. However, he doesn’t have a battle better than his Roc performance.

Being a great writer doesn’t necessary mean you are a great battler. Plus Daylyt writing wasn’t great in all of his battles.