Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
nikkas talking about Swamp fell off because he lost a novelty battle to a female lol. 2 on 2s and inter-gender battles have NEVER mattered to someone's stock until Swamp. I've been seeing uninterested parties taking shots at Swamp in interviews, ppl are happy he's not getting plates, ect. I don't really quite understand where the contempt derives from. But battle rap has never fukked with southern battlers that actually sound southern so should I be surprised. There's never been a top tier southern battler that doesn't sound like a up north nikka.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
nikkas talking about Swamp fell off because he lost a novelty battle to a female lol. 2 on 2s and inter-gender battles have NEVER mattered to someone's stock until Swamp. I've been seeing uninterested parties taking shots at Swamp in interviews, ppl are happy he's not getting plates, ect. I don't really quite understand where the contempt derives from. But battle rap has never fukked with southern battlers that actually sound southern so should I be surprised. There's never been a top tier southern battler that doesn't sound like a up north nikka.

Ave sounds southern to me. People love him.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yea I don't really care about swamp but it's odd that all of a sudden a female battle holds weight. Don't think it has anything to do with him sounding southern, I think that whats actually got him his foot in the door.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
All Facts..
It will be hard for people to understand this though....
I also think it's hard for people to admit that they just don't like a battler...in fear of being called a Hater... The Casey J battle was a way for people.to hate on Swamp... because immediately after it was crazy lol.. I never knew so many people disliked him.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Ave sounds southern to me. People love him.
Ave doesn't sound anything close to southern to a real south nikka.
Yea I don't really care about swamp but it's odd that all of a sudden a female battle holds weight. Don't think it has anything to do with him sounding southern, I think that whats actually got him his foot in the door.
That's funny when the majority of the generic NY battlers only got they foot in the door because they're from NY. It has everything to do with how he sounds.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

He ain't an ass kisser, and he ain't there to make friends. A lot of these guys are all cool in one capacity or another. Kinda reminds me of how NY hated on aye verb

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He ain't an ass kisser, and he ain't there to make friends. A lot of these guys are all cool in one capacity or another. Kinda reminds me of how NY hated on aye verb
Yeah, that's cool and all, but networking is how you move up in life. Antisocial, "introverted" people fail accordingly unless they have some sort of ultra talent. Swamp really isn't good enough to succeed without playing the game. :yeshrug:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Looking to kill some time before Smack Vol. 6 tonight? Peep.