Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I don’t understand why you’re speculating. Goodz explained why he declined the battle on his show.

I took both of what Goodz and Math were saying about why the battle didn't happen. That's all. Because part of what Math said paints the whole picture, too.

Ardamus

Daps
Goodz battle tay roc and he about to battle geechie, people who he's said he was a fan of

nikka prob just think math is meh or is put off by maths antics

or it might be too personal. i was taking both sides of the story for a full picture.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DNA took a break, went on his “Yall don’t deserve me” campaign....comes back gets 30ed by a girl then does an app battle with an up & comer. He will forever be a “little homie”.

Nevermind the fact that

DNA won the BET battle
DNA was part of a US presidential campaign
50 Cent retweets/reposts his Power recaps
DNA also has one of the best written songs I've heard all year

I'm not a huge DNA fan but I have to ask. Whose little homie is he?

Ardamus

Daps
You might be giving Math a little too much credit here.

Maybe. BUT has Math been as ice cold lately as Goodz has been saying? Mind you, I am a fan of both. I'm trying to look at this objectively. Because I did say I see where Goodz was coming from.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Maybe. BUT has Math been as ice cold lately as Goodz has been saying? Mind you, I am a fan of both. I'm trying to look at this objectively. Because I did say I see where Goodz was coming from.
If it’s personal at all, it’s that Goodz is calm but can troll well and has stripes to back it up if someone takes it wrong. And he knows math is emotional and generally an angry person so he’s the perfect target

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on how you look at it. I think you have a perspective where all battles are weighed equally, and if you look at it like that then Math has had a lot of relative success.

But if you're one of the people who weigh battles based on platform, who they're going against, and the type of demand they have (I'm one of those), then yeah, Math isn't worth battling for any of the top tiers, unless the amount of money is so great that you can't turn it down. There's nothing to gain by beating Math, and I don't think anyone looks at it like you're testing yourself against Math's pen or anything (such as there's not much to gain for a top tier against JC, but at least it's a test on a lyrical level).