Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I guess but it is what it is. It's like in sports -- it's more impressive when a guy with all of the physical gifts to succeed maximizes his potential through work ethic (Jordan, Bron, etc) than the guys who have to give max effort every night just to make it to the league (Caruso or something). I'm not saying you want anyone to not give effort, but as a general rule how much credit do you get in life for doing what you have to do to get to the level? I'd be more impressed if DNA actually improved as a writer.
Hard work always gonna beat talent that doesn't work hard at the end of the day and the typical college athlete is more disciplined and hardworking than these nikkas

battle rap is one of the laziest sports so i have no idea who would be the hypothetical lebron/jordan of this shyt? Who's maximizing their potential and almost the top percentile of talent? Right now I'd say shine but we got a lot of bullshyt from him before he got it together, literally none of the talented nikkas were career professionals minus lux and mook........ thats fukkin embarrassing for a multi-million dollar culture imo, the only modern people we can bank on to not fukk up and embarass themselves (on major networks) are dudes like dna and charron :beli:

these guys who are clearly better than DNA have no one to blame but themselves, shyt is actually lowkey pathetic considering how these are grown ass men publicly failing at their jobs on a monthly basis and we let it rock

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Word i need to see Danja unleash the flutes on chaos and put these other nikkas on notice, url been sleep on Danja for far too long considering his style change

You know i been a Danja Zone supporter!! I'm also a big fan of kid chaos but if he gotta die he gotta die!! I need Danja to put the full battle rap culture on notice that this caffeine era belongs to him!

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why these nikkas always screenshot :dead: they'd get further keepin it to themselves, act like you've gotten attention before
They don't realize how small and inferior it makes them look, lol, they think it's a good look actually. If Drake told him to do it, or he said its okay to do it then I guess I can understand...it may get him some p*ssy or some features or sumn, lol.

But salute to Drake for recognizing skills. For whatever reason yall are underappreciating them 3 rounds, them shyts wasn't just normal fire. On a big stage it woulda hit even crazier, way crazier

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
They don't realize how small and inferior it makes them look, lol, they think it's a good look actually. If Drake told him to do it, or he said its okay to do it then I guess I can understand...it may get him some p*ssy or some features or sumn, lol.

But salute to Drake for recognizing skills. For whatever reason yall are underappreciating them 3 rounds, them shyts wasn't just normal fire. On a big stage it woulda hit even crazier, way crazier
shyts lame man, they lucky these rappers nice, so many people woulda shat on mook or cut him off for that :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word i need to see Danja unleash the flutes on chaos and put these other nikkas on notice, url been sleep on Danja for far too long considering his style change

You know i been a Danja Zone supporter!! I'm also a big fan of kid chaos but if he gotta die he gotta die!! I need Danja to put the full battle rap culture on notice that this caffeine era belongs to him!

When Danja had The Glow vs Verb, the Triple Threat battle with Day & X-Cel & arguably one of the greatest bodies in BR vs Lotta

:wow:

:picard:

:ohlawd:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

It's the screenshots for me that make it so lame

I remember when Lux was on Hot 97 and said Usher DM'd him and said "I need you vs Daylyt", I can respect it, because it naturally flowed with what Ebro asked him. These nikkas just want you to know that someone famous watches them. Which I understand to an extent, but it does look groupish.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
One of the most constant talking points for battle rappers is “industry rappers can’t do what we do” but the millisecond an industry rapper acknowledges them, they nerd out like groupies. They even use it to shyt on other battlers as a sign of clout.

Definitely an inferiority complex.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's the screenshots for me that make it so lame

I remember when Lux was on Hot 97 and said Usher DM'd him and said "I need you vs Daylyt", I can respect it, because it naturally flowed with what Ebro asked him. These nikkas just want you to know that someone famous watches them. Which I understand to an extent, but it does look groupish.
nikkas legit get fired for doing groupie shyt like that but these nikkas wear it like a badge of honor :mjlol: