Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
jayblac is one of the most boring guys to listen to just in general imo
he's necessary tho, he's boring to us because we're actual battle rap heads, the casual fans need a guy like that to bring them into the culture, it's like rogan with UFC, gotta have a brand guy who can toe the line between casual and actual analysis and keep the energy in a positive space, which is hard as fukk considering the nonsense these battlers do

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
And who tf said it was cool for ARP to build his whole brand off of smack rappers...

Troy is an OG in this. Arp is not but for skme reason he thinks he can sit at the table
I thought it was all about black love and togetherness. (Everybody can eat). Hmmmm

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he's necessary tho, he's boring to us because we're actual battle rap heads, the casual fans need a guy like that to bring them into the culture, it's like rogan with UFC, gotta have a brand guy who can toe the line between casual and actual analysis and keep the energy in a positive space, which is hard as fukk considering the nonsense these battlers do
Basically. Jay Blac is low key underutilized, he gives off a level of respectability that none of the rest of battle rap media does.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Basically. Jay Blac is low key underutilized, he gives off a level of respectability that none of the rest of battle rap media does.
nah they use him enough imo, anymore would be overkill.

edit: i was talking about the URL and caffeine, in general yea there's no reason blac couldn't have analyzed some battle bars on ESPN with dna and shine, i'd like to hope someone atleast thought about it and pitched the idea, everything has to grow together for the feel to stay the same imo, shyt happened with the FGC

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf shyt talking is incredible and amusing, if only it matched his skill. By his logic, he has choked and lost more battles on URL than any other competitor:mjlol:

Dude is so lazy as a battle rapper it's ridiculous. He has a natural theatrical ability but he barely uses in battles anymore.
He comes up with insults so quickly it makes no sense why he can't freestyle. Just make one word rhyme. wtf

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
At this point, URL paying rappers to not battle on other leagues should be an accepted business practice. There’s no point getting in your feelings about it because they’re gonna keep doing it :yeshrug:

I still don't like it myself because sometimes when URL does that, certain battles we want to see never happen. But yeah man, no one can stop them at this point. They must have a set aside blocking battle budget, lol.

And who tf said it was cool for ARP to build his whole brand off of smack rappers...

Troy is an OG in this. Arp is not but for skme reason he thinks he can sit at the table

I get it. My only problem with this that RBE like other leagues are simply options for these battle rappers to go to when Smack URL has talent sitting too idle. A few months is one thing and a few events is another. If years go by and the possibility of bad negotiations go down, you cannot blame the talent for going somewhere else and the league parting ways with them.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I get it. My only problem with this that RBE like other leagues are simply options for these battle rappers to go to when Smack URL has talent sitting too idle. A few months is one thing and a few events is another. If years go by and the possibility of bad negotiations go down, you cannot blame the talent for going somewhere else and the league parting ways with them.
oh i agree, you need options for those guys, all of that is fine imo

the issue is ARP doesn't want to accept that that's the most he can do here, he wants to be at the forefront of something but:

1. he wasn't ptting in work early enough

2. he tried to short cut the work and fast track his status

nikka is desperate to be an OG and it shows, you never seen smack thirsty like that, he came up in a time where you SUPPOSED to wait for the people to speak highly of you like that first

ARP aint far off from them age wise iirc so he just looks corny here imo, he should be supe GRATEFUL imo, he's the only one out here right now who has no home grown talent and yet he's still able to cook next to URL/KOTD/Bullpen

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
oh i agree, you need options for those guys, all of that is fine imo

the issue is ARP doesn't want to accept that that's the most he can do here, he wants to be at the forefront of something but:

1. he wasn't ptting in work early enough

2. he tried to short cut the work and fast track his status

nikka is desperate to be an OG and it shows, you never seen smack thirsty like that, he came up in a time where you SUPPOSED to wait for the people to speak highly of you like that first

ARP aint far off from them age wise iirc so he just looks corny here imo, he should be supe GRATEFUL imo, he's the only one out here right now who has no home grown talent and yet he's still able to cook next to URL/KOTD/Bullpen

well, i'm not sure if he is desperate for that. for the most part, he seems to handle business well mostly and gives some decent perspectives on battle rap. he has done a few things i thought was weird and seemed thirsty. i actually think he is pretty grateful but in the midst of things he deals with other leagues and talent, he probably seems like he was too much on the defensive mode sometimes.

i think ARP is able to cook next to those leagues because he does understand that competition can be healthy. i feel like that's why him and Organik can chop it up. and he'll connect with John John about Bullpen. should he have more of his own talent? sure. but one thing he said on MEO that made me think is that no one looks at the battlers either when these negotiations go down. they look at the leagues like damn, y'all taking so and so. which i have done. but let's not act like some of the talent doesn't see if they can present a battle on a card on another league either.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surf is super average to me...but I fux with him because he is proof of what I always say, the gift of gab is what gets you places in this country. A sharp, slick tongue and the right alliances will take you places a college degree or just natural talent could never. Surf and Budden's meeting and becoming homies is almost serendipitous, lol, those are 2 of the greatest, most convincing bullshyt artists/manipulators in the game. They should join forces with Dame Dash and open a business selling a bunch of shyt that nobody wants or needs, they would be able to convince you that you need it. I hope they are using their powers for good and running thru a thousand simple minded chicks who feel inferior in conversation with them, :salute:. Surf could choke and lose his next 2 battles again and still talk yall into thinking he deserves Mook or Lux again.