Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Surf also admitted that URL paid him NOT to battle on RBE. That's a big deal, of course ARP has to say something.

At this point, URL paying rappers to not battle on other leagues should be an accepted business practice. There’s no point getting in your feelings about it because they’re gonna keep doing it :yeshrug:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
At this point, URL paying rappers to not battle on other leagues should be an accepted business practice. There’s no point getting in your feelings about it because they’re gonna keep doing it :yeshrug:
And who tf said it was cool for ARP to build his whole brand off of smack rappers...

Troy is an OG in this. Arp is not but for skme reason he thinks he can sit at the table

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
And who tf said it was cool for ARP to build his whole brand off of smack rappers...

Troy is an OG in this. Arp is not but for skme reason he thinks he can sit at the table

ARP literally built his brand off booking URL castaways. He hasn’t done enough to build his own talent so URL putting non-compete clauses in their contracts should be expected.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm confused. Why is it bad for ARP to speak about it? No one stops Surf from running off at the mouth, how does ARP look bad if he responds? The attention only helps him.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
ARP literally built his brand off booking URL castaways. He hasn’t done enough to build his own talent so URL putting non-compete clauses in their contracts should be expected.
it's wild cuz lets say ARP did farm his own talent

you think with the right narratives he couldn't have gotten a URL vs RBE event? they've done it with kotd basically and they had way more beef imo

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I'm confused. Why is it bad for ARP to speak about it? No one stops Surf from running off at the mouth, how does ARP look bad if he responds? The attention only helps him.

I wouldn’t say it’s bad for him to speak on it but it’s been established that URL block battles so responding every time someone says they’ve been paid to not battle on RBE just seems pointless. Besides, Surf has been shyt every time he’s battled off URL and is on a terrible streak right now so everything he says should be ignored to an extent.

it's wild cuz lets say ARP did farm his own talent

you think with the right narratives he couldn't have gotten a URL vs RBE event? they've done it with kotd basically and they had way more beef imo

That could have easily been done, especially because they’re both NY based. I know ARP likes portray himself as someone that has never done anything wrong in terms of business but there’s a reason why some battlers don’t fukk with him and URL didn’t have anything to do with it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn’t say it’s bad for him to speak on it but it’s been established that URL block battles so responding every time someone says they’ve been paid to not battle on RBE just seems pointless. Besides, Surf has been shyt every time he’s battled off URL and is on a terrible streak right now so everything he says should be ignored to an extent.

That could have easily been done, especially because they’re both NY based. I know ARP likes portray himself as someone that has never done anything wrong in terms of business but there’s a reason why some battlers don’t fukk with him and URL didn’t have anything to do with it.

Meh there is no downside to speaking your peace. Everyone talks about everything even if their name isn't said. His league was mentioned multiple times in the Surf blog. The response video he put up today already had 20k views, that's more than the Floss the Boss vs Truth Watson battle he uploaded a week ago. Doesn't mean I personally stand behind anything he said in the blog, but I do think it helps his cause.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ARP will never try to build up his own talent. I’m not sure he would ever admit it publicly, but it had to rub him the wrong way to build up guys like J murder just to see him do a pg on the url years back.

I remember a little bit after that, he had some blog stating RBE is not a league, we are just a platform to put on battles. He basically was trying to say there are no leagues, only platforms and blah blah blah to push his agenda.

So his mentality is RBE is a platform, while URL is trying to be a league. As a stated before, their business models will always collide