Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
He's gonna have to go the Twitch route, perhaps.
For that to work they'd need to be Twitch partnered to get subs. To get twitch partnered they need the channel to pull in like 40-60 viewers on a semi-daily schedule. To stay twitch partnered KOTD got illmac and them playing COD getting smoked with like only a few viewers. I dont know how ARP would fill that day to day requirement.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
For that to work they'd need to be Twitch partnered to get subs. To get twitch partnered they need the channel to pull in like 40-60 viewers on a semi-daily schedule. To stay twitch partnered KOTD got illmac and them playing COD getting smoked with like only a few viewers. I dont know how ARP would fill that day to day requirement.
It's not that hard if you're somewhat in touch tho

KOTD doesn't know shyt about fan interaction and neither does ARP :mjlol: getting twitch partnered isn't super difficult at all and would be easy as hell if they had ties with any of the bloggers like URL has, who TF tryna watch Illmac play a mainstream ass game that millions are also streaming? shyt is lazy, mad people been eating doings tons of other shyt, people nowhere near as popular as a battler

URL was smart for never fully going into an all out war with bloggers, RBE could a made connections there too and had people who could a did shows on twitch but he so obsessed with getting URL to acknowledge him :snoop: literally all of his moves are just in response to their moves

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m real curious about the details of the KOTD/Twitch situation. Only thing I’ve read is that the head of twitch’s music division was happy to have them but not much more then that.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

During these times you gotta have some shyt stashed away that can just go towards anybody. You gotta recognize that in the COVID era, you gotta be ready to go at anytime.

Initially I said the url has gotta give these guys more time, which is true, but if they can only give these guys a short deadline right now, you gotta adjust and play the game.

I know battlers are frustrated, but they are very fortunate they can get money during a pandemic.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been said ARP gonna have to bend the Knee or he ain't gone survive in this Pandemic.

**ARP pulls up to Caffeine headquarters to talk business**

**Walks into the meeting room and waits for the Caffeine CEO to show up**

**SMACK struts into the office instead**

SMACK: "Surpriiiiiise" :myman:

ARP: :gucci:

SMACK: "So...my man Ben said that we should talk first shun" :sas1:

ARP: "Talk about what?" :martin:

SMACK: "Well that's on you shun. Whatever business you trying to do with Caffeine you gotta go through me first":mjgrin:

ARP: "yeah?"

SMACK: "Yeah...cuz...up in this bytch, I'm what you'd call an authority figure...we do numbers over here...so folks gotta get my help or ask my advice on all kinds of shyt. Ben stepped to me the other day and told me this nikka named ARP, is sending him a bunch of DMs asking for a meeting, and he asked me if I know ARP and I said "Hell yeah I know ARP real well" I mean on the East Coast everybody know everybody nahmean?"

ARP: "..."

SMACK: "Let me help you find ya tongue, you're trying to get on with caffiene since the pandemic is kicking your ass when it comes to hosting events and you need to figure out something quick. even though you're in bed with KOTD their twitch streams only benefit them, and it's hard to get partnered so caffeine is your only option now. You're just a natural businessman nahmean? Even with the fuss with you, tryna compete with me. I got nothing but love for my east coast nikkas, nothing but love nahmean?" But fukk them west coast/Canadian bytches"

ARP: **nervously laughs**

SMACK: "But you see shun...I gotta get my taste too" :mjlit:

ARP: "Figured that" :martin:

SMACK: "So send 100 large to Beasley, drop it off at the fun house...and the next time you come up to caffeine offices, it won't be my grill that's talking to you. MY WORD ON THAT"

ARP: "100 large huh" :sadcam:

SMACK: "So what's good bro, how you holdin up otherwise during this Covid shyt?"

ARP: "Nothing much... the game is the game"

SMACK: "Alwayss"

**A few months later ARP successfully negotiates a deal with caffeine after citing his "relationship" with Smack**

SMACK *Present in the room behind the CEO* :
avon-barksdale-gif-3.gif

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
**ARP pulls up to Caffeine headquarters to talk business**

**Walks into the meeting room and waits for the Caffeine CEO to show up**

**SMACK struts into the office instead**

SMACK: "Surpriiiiiise" :myman:

ARP: :gucci:

SMACK: "So...my man Ben said that we should talk first shun" :sas1:

ARP: "Talk about what?" :martin:

SMACK: "Well that's on you shun. Whatever business you trying to do with Caffeine you gotta go through me first":mjgrin:

ARP: "yeah?"

SMACK: "Yeah...cuz...up in this bytch, I'm what you'd call an authority figure...we do numbers over here...so folks gotta get my help or ask my advice on all kinds of shyt. Ben stepped to me the other day and told me this nikka named ARP, is sending him a bunch of DMs asking for a meeting, and he asked me if I know ARP and I said "Hell yeah I know ARP real well" I mean on the East Coast everybody know everybody nahmean?"

ARP: "..."

SMACK: "Let me help you find ya tongue, you're trying to get on with caffiene since the pandemic is kicking your ass when it comes to hosting events and you need to figure out something quick. even though you're in bed with KOTD their twitch streams only benefit them, and it's hard to get partnered so caffeine is your only option now. You're just a natural businessman nahmean? Even with the fuss with you, tryna compete with me. I got nothing but love for my east coast nikkas, nothing but love nahmean?" But fukk them west coast/Canadian bytches"

ARP: **nervously laughs**

SMACK: "But you see shun...I gotta get my taste too" :mjlit:

ARP: "Figured that" :martin:

SMACK: "So send 100 large to Beasley, drop it off at the fun house...and the next time you come up to caffeine offices, it won't be my grill that's talking to you. MY WORD ON THAT"

ARP: "100 large huh" :sadcam:

SMACK: "So what's good bro, how you holdin up otherwise during this Covid shyt?"

ARP: "Nothing much... the game is the game"

SMACK: "Alwayss"

**A few months later ARP successfully negotiates a deal with caffeine after citing his "relationship" with Smack**

SMACK *Present in the room behind the CEO* :
avon-barksdale-gif-3.gif
This shyt made me actually rewatch that scene on YouTube lol.

fukked up though breh... I'm probably gonna rewatch the whole series again now. :snoop: