Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Anyone watch Skeam Team on YouTube? He’s some Blood dude from Brooklyn, he drops videos every day pretty much just discussing shyt going on.

He was talking about nikkas getting Hollywood and how he grew up with Math Hoffa but Math won’t even come on his show and do an interview and help him out/build a bigger following. And saying nikkas is still acting like they street dudes but turned Industry on nikkas. He said Troy Ave is the same way. Found that interesting.

• Dap
Reactions: dre

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Anyone watch Skeam Team on YouTube? He’s some Blood dude from Brooklyn, he drops videos every day pretty much just discussing shyt going on.

He was talking about nikkas getting Hollywood and how he grew up with Math Hoffa but Math won’t even come on his show and do an interview and help him out/build a bigger following. And saying nikkas is still acting like they street dudes but turned Industry on nikkas. He said Troy Ave is the same way. Found that interesting.

Watched a few seconds and I don't blame them...

You help a nikka like him once, he gonna want more and more "help"...

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watched a few seconds and I don't blame them...

You help a nikka like him once, he gonna want more and more "help"...
Skeam is entertaining but I agree. He comes off as one of them dudes that nobody what someone would've done for him, he'd find a way to blame them if shyt doesn't work for him. I know a lot of street nikkas like that that think everybody owes them something. Math is low key like that too. Must be a Crown Heights thing.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just went to his page. It appears all he does is live stream. He’s not gonna gain a following with this approach imo.

I think live streaming works better if you have already built of a following.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I just went to his page. It appears all he does is live stream. He’s not gonna gain a following with this approach imo.

He used to do blogs, and those are the ones that have a good amount of views (30K all the way up to about 200K). All his lives pretty much top out at 2K views.

I think a Math interview would help, but Math isn't big enough to make a major impact. He might get some extra views for that particular interview, but I doubt people would stick around. He'd have a better chance of gaining subscribers by trying to get on Math's show and just be one of the dudes sitting in the chair in the barbershop, and have Math promote his channel.

It's almost like a rap song. Sure, having Wayne on your mixtape song will help you somewhat, but Wayne putting you on his album will help you far more than Wayne being on your album.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He used to do blogs, and those are the ones that have a good amount of views (30K all the way up to about 200K). All his lives pretty much top out at 2K views.

I think a Math interview would help, but Math isn't big enough to make a major impact. He might get some extra views for that particular interview, but I doubt people would stick around. He'd have a better chance of gaining subscribers by trying to get on Math's show and just be one of the dudes sitting in the chair in the barbershop, and have Math promote his channel.

It's almost like a rap song. Sure, having Wayne on your mixtape song will help you somewhat, but Wayne putting you on his album will help you far more than Wayne being on your album.

they also aren’t in the same lane

This isn’t to say math’s followers wouldn’t follow him, but this nygga appears to be in that whole Hassan Campbell/Gully Tv type of lane based on the titles of his videos

that let me touch on “alpo/prison system/Casanova vs Casanova 2x” lane

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anybody know that OG video of Lux in the kitchen? it was a blog i wanna say he made it before the cal battle and he was just talkin about battle rap in general

@FreshAIG i think you brought it up in here years ago

That was suicidal Lux... Mad at the game..

Dash Living videos >>>>

Other lost videos we won't get back..

Surf Lux and Head Ice somewhere in Harlem clowning Iron Soloman's released video...

Goodz clowning Surf bout his white belt and telling him to go flip a pack after Surf said he was a shooter (video was incriminating and the tension was there for a battle.. smh@URL)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I mean, I get why people feel this way but I always hated this narrative and the way people think in regards to this. It never crosses my mind that some of my random friends or people I knew from back when I was growing up, that have become more successful than me, should have or feel any obligation to put me on or help me out. It's different if you're still cool in the moment I suppose.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anybody know that OG video of Lux in the kitchen? it was a blog i wanna say he made it before the cal battle and he was just talkin about battle rap in general

@FreshAIG i think you brought it up in here years ago

Man someone ask for this blog every other year, and I typically post it.

I think it was titled loaded lux spazzing

It’s Lux talking with just a moment playing in the background

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

live streaming works just not on Youtube, nikka could be on twitch making a bigger percentage and the people there are already conditioned to sit through hours upon hours of livestreams

youtube numbers don't have the same weight they used to, 2k might not get you shyt on that platform

a consistent 2k viewers on twitch tho??? yea you can chill and stream full time if you want

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was suicidal Lux... Mad at the game..

Dash Living videos >>>>

Other lost videos we won't get back..

Surf Lux and Head Ice somewhere in Harlem clowning Iron Soloman's released video...

Goodz clowning Surf bout his white belt and telling him to go flip a pack after Surf said he was a shooter (video was incriminating and the tension was there for a battle.. smh@URL)
That was really an all time incriminating video that showed why Surf's life is the way it is lol.