Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Its wild to me that someone that did well against Verb and Goodz didnt immediately get a URL look. Wish the best for him.

Right? That's wild to me. But he is a part of Go-Rilla Warfare and you know they had an old beef with URL from before. Might be all forgotten about and forgiven tho too.

But I'm pissed he's battling Marv Won...my nikka. Marv is one of my personal favorites just battling and making music. But this dude, Gauge....I want to see him go far in the game. Ah man.

Ardamus

Daps
Every time Hollow speaks he shows how much of a bytch ass Hoe he is. Glad Math violated him in that battle. Dont post contracts like a scorned bytch, then take it down like "I was in my feelings". nikka a hoe

RBE vs URL is starting to feeling like WWF vs WCW in the 90s. All it would take is one or 2 elite stars to jump ship and things will get interesting.

And on top of that, how the fukk are we gonna get another Loaded Hollows battle if Hollow does some shyt like this?

Family Man

Banned
Daps
These nikkas tried this same shyt about six years ago and forced Smack to get on his "bars over names" shyt.

What an idiot like Hollow doesn't realize is the game done changed since then. That filling venues shyt is out the door now. That views shyt is out the door too. The only thing these vets have now is legacy and how they choose to adapt to these changes.
The app and caffeine changed the whole landscape.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

I ain't gonna lie, I just want Gauge to win the whole thing with just nothing but plug talk. LOL.

Its wild to me that someone that did well against Verb and Goodz didnt immediately get a URL look. Wish the best for him.

Right? That's wild to me. But he is a part of Go-Rilla Warfare and you know they had an old beef with URL from before. Might be all forgotten about and forgiven tho too.

But I'm pissed he's battling Marv Won...my nikka. Marv is one of my personal favorites just battling and making music. But this dude, Gauge....I want to see him go far in the game. Ah man.

not gon lie y'all made me look up Gauge and...
:ohhh: this nikka fire, hopefully he makes it to URL because he can definitely eat there

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
The funny thing is that he was potentially onto something if he kept it strictly about publishing and residuals. URL have used footage from previous battles for adverts by Caffeine/BET and I doubt the battlers used in said footage received compensation for that (which would have strengthened his discussion around who owns the IP of a battler’s verse and licensing rights) but he’s just not educated on the situation enough to make a valid argument.

There’s even something to be said about the URL hosting all of their battles on the app and safeguarding their analytics which can prevent battlers from being able to quantify their influence and use it to determine their asking prices as well as leverage endorsements outside of URL. They would need some real qualified music/tech lawyers to get involved because these guys are just winging it.

All the extra stuff about leagues paying for people’s rent or shyt like that is stupid and not business. Ironically, it’s behaviour like that leads to dodgy paperwork and battlers losing out on backend money because they view the URL staff as “family.”
The labor situation should have been sorted before a deal with a wealthy third party was struck but now it’s too late. Battlers gonna be playing catch-up and :feedme: forever if it’s Murdoch lawyers vs Hollow’s Instagram ruminations

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every time Hollow speaks he shows how much of a bytch ass Hoe he is. Glad Math violated him in that battle. Dont post contracts like a scorned bytch, then take it down like "I was in my feelings". nikka a hoe

RBE vs URL is starting to feeling like WWF vs WCW in the 90s. All it would take is one or 2 elite stars to jump ship and things will get interesting.
Nah breh. Smack is a brand. URL is a brand. It would take a lot more than a couple of guys known for battling on URL to battle on RBE for things to get "interesting".

Ardamus

Daps
not gon lie y'all made me look up Gauge and...
:ohhh: this nikka fire, hopefully he makes it to URL because he can definitely eat there

You know that Uncle you have at the family reunion that is cool as fukk no matter what he does? That's who Gauge reminds me of. Or maybe he says a lot of shyt the same way Sugafree would talk. I dunno. But yeah, Gauge is fiyah.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These nikkas tried this same shyt about six years ago and forced Smack to get on his "bars over names" shyt.

What an idiot like Hollow doesn't realize is the game done changed since then. That filling venues shyt is out the door now. That views shyt is out the door too. The only thing these vets have now is legacy and how they choose to adapt to these changes.
The app and caffeine changed the whole landscape.

True I remember T- Top screaming about URL Strike and Beasley put him on the Strike card to shut him up..

These battlers are funny..

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Nah breh. Smack is a brand. URL is a brand. It would take a lot more than a couple of guys known for battling on URL to battle on RBE for things to get "interesting".

p>

How many outsiders would it take for it to get spooky :jbhmm:?

tumblr_meb8mwoQbo1r324lio1_400.gif

ARP just gotta play the Eric Bischoff role

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
p>

How many outsiders would it take for it to get spooky :jbhmm:?

tumblr_meb8mwoQbo1r324lio1_400.gif

ARP just gotta play the Eric Bischoff role

Waaaaay too late for anything of the sort to happen. The Monday night wars ended years ago when URL gave street battles a home and GrindTime folded.

RBE/KOTD are just some Ring of Honor, AEW ass nikkas