Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I heard from some people that Hollow was a hustler...like not a fake rapper hustler but was really hustling and getting some money out there with his soft ass spanish Astoria buddies. You can never trust a hustler, lol, they aint sincere about shyt, I'm sure whatever he is on a soapbox for is all about getting some paper for him ultimately

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Is anybody truly amped to see a Hollow battle in 2020? Seems like he's making a last ditch effort to maximizing revenue for his last bit of relevancy

:yeshrug:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Is anybody truly amped to see a Hollow battle in 2020? Seems like he's making a last ditch effort to maximizing revenue for his last bit of relevancy

He did good with the Social Distancing battle though the setting was different. And he was better in the Myers battle than he was in the Math battle. Skillwise, he was a little up and down but not much. But this move with exposing the contract? Smdh.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

His legendary status assured he’d always be in demand, plus he’s unique & not washed.

Nevertheless , this kamikaze scorched earth shyt he’s on guarantees we won’t see him on URL anymore. Maybe Dre might give him a plate on Gates of the garden.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County

I used to be on this sucker shyt but thankfully learnt with time

But this is actually the precise point where nikkas get it fukked up. You mix friends and business and get your feelings hurt. It doesn't matter what they paying someone else. Set YOUR price and be prepared to walk away. That's it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollow turned a conversation about unionisation, publishing, residuals and minimum pay into a mess in 24 hours without anyone from URL saying anything :mjlol:

Hollow isn’t logical enough to make a valid argument. Everything he says is either a lie, half truth, or some assumption he made from his drug addicted mind.

It actually started out bad in his initial post when he said url/caffeine are giving out shows for a few g’s a month to avoid paying battlers. That’s when I started scratching my head. What logical sense does that make? Those shows have nothing to do with what they negotiate for a battle.

So you’re telling me we have battlers making 36k a year just to stream on caffeine a couple of times a week, when they do that shyt free on IG?

These shows are another revenue stream. How is that a problem? It isn’t really a problem. He tried to argue it is a problem just to gain support from the battlers on some “ hey if they paid you more, you wouldn’t have to do extra work.”

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Every time Hollow speaks he shows how much of a bytch ass Hoe he is. Glad Math violated him in that battle. Dont post contracts like a scorned bytch, then take it down like "I was in my feelings". nikka a hoe

RBE vs URL is starting to feeling like WWF vs WCW in the 90s. All it would take is one or 2 elite stars to jump ship and things will get interesting.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Hollow isn’t logical enough to make a valid argument. Everything he says is either a lie, half truth, or some assumption he made from his drug addicted mind.

It actually started out bad in his initial post when he said url/caffeine are giving out shows for a few g’s a month to avoid paying battlers. That’s when I started scratching my head. What logical sense does that make? Those shows have nothing to do with what they negotiate for a battle.

So you’re telling me we have battlers making 36k a year just to stream on caffeine a couple of times a week, when they do that shyt free on IG?

These shows are another revenue stream. How is that a problem? It isn’t really a problem. He tried to argue it is a problem just to gain support from the battlers on some “ hey if they paid you more, you wouldn’t have to do extra work.”

The funny thing is that he was potentially onto something if he kept it strictly about publishing and residuals. URL have used footage from previous battles for adverts by Caffeine/BET and I doubt the battlers used in said footage received compensation for that (which would have strengthened his discussion around who owns the IP of a battler’s verse and licensing rights) but he’s just not educated on the situation enough to make a valid argument.

There’s even something to be said about the URL hosting all of their battles on the app and safeguarding their analytics which can prevent battlers from being able to quantify their influence and use it to determine their asking prices as well as leverage endorsements outside of URL. They would need some real qualified music/tech lawyers to get involved because these guys are just winging it.

All the extra stuff about leagues paying for people’s rent or shyt like that is stupid and not business. Ironically, it’s behaviour like that leads to dodgy paperwork and battlers losing out on backend money because they view the URL staff as “family.”