Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaan if you fukk up like you did that one time in the grocery store, you gonna hear it from us.

:mjlol:

lol it would be a bad idea to battle my mother, she'd just angle me to death on some Mook/T Top shyt :mjlol: She'd actually a great parent (so is my pops) :myman: Once she talks about all that she's done for me and me having the audacity to battler her, it'll get real dark. I'd probably get booed:wow: and then is like "I brought you in this world, don't make me take you out boy" it'd be curtains :heh:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
lol it would be a bad idea to battle my mother, she'd just angle me to death on some Mook/T Top shyt :mjlol: She'd actually a great parent (so is my pops) :myman: Once she talks about all that she's done for me and me having the audacity to battler her, it'll get real dark. I'd probably get booed:wow: and then is like "I brought you in this world, don't make me take you out boy" it'd be curtains :heh:

stop duckin' the fade from ya moms and take the battle. i'm putting together an Ascension card right now...you wanna be the headliner?

:russ:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
shyt I wouldn't blame Lux for calling out battlers every week in the same manner he called out Hollow years back :mjlol: 75k a pop? I'll battle my mama :wow:
Another factor is kotd partnering with twitch which is caffeine competition. People are only worrying about some fake url being the top league situation. There is nothing kotd can do to catch url until it 1st develop the talent and 2 put out the marketing url does. What is not being factored in is how that move can potentially drive up the price to battlers. If twitch comes and offers 150k a piece to lux and daylyt how will caffeine counter? Before its said and done these guys could be inching towards hundreds of thousands of dollars from these platforms. Mook not hurrying up and getting active for nothing. They all see the dollars. I'm not shocked if mook and lux are battling 3-5 times next year

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Lux and Day, are really making that much, I don’t understand why Surf only makes 20k a battle.

Surf needs to go handle his business. He needs to work on his professionalism too. He brags about how much money he makes, but is getting way less money then nyggas you can argue that he’s more popular then.

As far as Lux/Math, that’s a RBE battle. I doubt the URL would ever book Math in a really big battle. He’s always been a mid tier guy on the URL platform.

As far as Lux, he has plenty of options. Someone will always emerge an opponent that makes sense.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as Kotd/twitch, I think it’s premature to make anything of it. We don’t know if they have a deal or if they’re just airing on the channel.

Although twitch is bigger, I’m not convinced it’s the best home for battle rap. Caffeine has really embraced battle rap. They are paying battlers, giving them shows, marketing their partnership all on YouTube, etc. It’s only year 1. They still got a lot of improvements to make, but they seem to be fully invested in battle rap.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
As far as Kotd/twitch, I think it’s premature to make anything of it. We don’t know if they have a deal or if they’re just airing on the channel.

Although twitch is bigger, I’m not convinced it’s the best home for battle rap. Caffeine has really embraced battle rap. They are paying battlers, giving them shows, marketing their partnership all on YouTube, etc. It’s only year 1. They still got a lot of improvements to make, but they seem to be fully invested in battle rap.
Yea twitch is just better because you know they can handle the stream size for sure and already have people on it whereas alot of people wasnt tryna download caffeine at first

I highly doubt they spending as much on battle rap. But they will do some stuff at the level it needs to be at

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea twitch is just better because you know they can handle the stream size for sure and already have people on it whereas alot of people wasnt tryna download caffeine at first

I highly doubt they spending as much on battle rap. But they will do some stuff at the level it needs to be at

I’m not talking about the actual stream itself. That can be worked on. I’m talking about the overall experience. Caffeine is damn near a battle rap app. I highly doubt it would be a priority on twitch.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I’m not talking about the actual stream itself. That can be worked on. I’m talking about the overall experience. Caffeine is damn near a battle rap app. I highly doubt it would be a priority on twitch.
Oh definitely not :mjlol: makes no sense for them they got multi million dollar game tournaments to deal with

I kinda like that about twitch tho, ya gotta build ya shyt yaself