Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Smack talking with Blacc and clipse and said he’s booking clipse vs Holmzie for November. Clipse said he’s going to body him. Blacc going with the cliose

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain’t doing this bro lol that’s my guy i ain’t tryna let shyt out behind his back.

I’m pissed he didn’t battle man cuz he literally would’ve changed the game with his rounds

Brizz is a fan favorite. If his rounds are as deadly as you say, he could have really elevated his status. He could have just been on some battle once a year shyt.

As I said, I think he backed out because of the business.

My secondary reason would be some street shyt due to his homies death.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ain’t doing this bro lol that’s my guy i ain’t tryna let shyt out behind his back.

I’m pissed he didn’t battle man cuz he literally would’ve changed the game with his rounds
Ok breh, you're just overdoing it at this point. :camby:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
It's kinda hard to cosign a battle rapper. For as long as everyone liked to run with the "battle rappers can't make music" narrative I think we glossed over the fact "battle rappers" tend to be way more eccentric & erratic than rappers who don't battle.

It's cliche to call them emotional but to be successful they are being asked to pull from their emotions way more than the average rapper.
Huge difference between a performing artist and one who does art in a studio

the closest thing I can think of is comedians. it’s the same vibe when you’re in a group of them too, they’re all acting like best friends and have a weird bond or some shyt

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That nikka Mook would send Ryda to Dante’s Inferno in a cypher, Ryda needs to settle right on down. I fukk with him but nah man, he’d be better off in a battle against Mook than a cypher imo.
He'd die there, too. There's levels to this shyt. You're talking a HOF lock against a nikka that barely does good in pickup at the Y, save for a nasty dunk or two.