Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
i was curious cause I remember having seen that video from back in the day somewhere i assume unbias group cause it wasnt in here and i wasnt in any other groups but in looking more into it online, it was brought up in the last battle 24/7 had with eurgh on kotd, then when i clicked on that battle. on the side popped up RYD watching the battle. its from may 2019 so youre telling me avo goes over the battle a year and a half ago? he didnt apologize himself at all. he just explains the content like what eurgh is referencing, just says oh yeah 24/7 said some racist shyt in a blog. no acknowledgment that he was laughing it up and adding to it with his "touche" clown shyt. and all of them in general were giving 24/7 mad props , it was diz, thesauras and organik on the episode.

Guy needs to be bushed ASAP..no need to even try and make sense of that explanation, fukk him. He's only apologising because his moneys gonna be fukked up, thats all it is

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chess gonna need that ratchet he keeps under the bed when wifey back, for Shine.

I don't get how people like Chess even get rewarded with Summer Madness plates of such high caliber when he's done nothing to justify getting that plate.
There's so many new hungry dudes or semi vets who are starting to hit their prime.
Nah, he's done plenty to be put onto a Summer Madness. The issue here is that Chess's talent/potential is always going to, essentially, allow him to get any battle with anyone. But if you want to base it on his preparedness and propensity to choke, then you can easily say he doesn't deserve certain battles. It's easily arguable on both sides. He and Twork are basically in the same boat (Chess isn't as unprofessional as Twork, but Twork also probably has a higher ceiling than Chess too, popularity wise). Guys with immense talent -- in any endeavor -- are always going to keep getting more chances, that's just how shyt is.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Are you a Chess stan or something. I think he's an incredible talent and always has been.
But he does NOT deserve K Shine... The manner in which Todd bodied him and gazillion chokes just doesn't sit well with me for him to be given a Summer Madness plate....but nepotism and hypocrisy at URL have been rampant the last 5 years.

Just look at how baby'd Twork
I hear you, but Pat being stuck in Canada created a situation. This was the best choice. Shine gets another opponent with a storyline they can sell. Who else would Shine take with 4 weeks notice, be motivated for, and make any sense? Chess lucked out big, but this is a test for him as well. If he fukks this up, he might really be done.

LOL. This shyt is lowkey disrespectful af to JC. :heh:

All of them battles you did, all of those dope ass bars, nah.. THIS is what it takes for Verb to "bestow" upon you an opportunity to battle him. :dead:

I agree, but îf you followed the Twitter beef, Verb told him he didn't respect him because he talked so crazy before the battle was even locked in. This is even more disrespecting Cal. He shyt on Cal and said he can't battle him any more because he cooked so bad:francis:

Last edited:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I hear you, but Pat being stuck in Canada created a situation. This was the best choice. Shine gets another opponent with a storyline they can sell. Who else would Shine take with 4 weeks notice, be motivated for, and make any sense? Chess lucked out big, but this is a test for him as well. If he fukks this up, he might really be done.

I agree, but îf you followed the Twitter beef, Verb told him he didn't respect him because he talked so crazy before the battle was even locked in. This is even more disrespecting Cal. He shyt on Cal and said he can't battle him any more because he cooked so bad:francis:
Chess has faced Loaded Lux, Hollow Da Don and now K-Shine all largely due to unforeseen circumstances .... Surf getting locked up, Covid... That boy sure is lucky:mjlol:

I hope he spazzes though, he was great vs Geechie, he was incredible vs Twork... He needs to come with it coz K shine gonna have ALL of NWX ghost writing and sparring with him.... At Beasley's house :wow:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Nah, he's done plenty to be put onto a Summer Madness. The issue here is that Chess's talent/potential is always going to, essentially, allow him to get any battle with anyone. But if you want to base it on his preparedness and propensity to choke, then you can easily say he doesn't deserve certain battles. It's easily arguable on both sides. He and Twork are basically in the same boat (Chess isn't as unprofessional as Twork, but Twork also probably has a higher ceiling than Chess too, popularity wise). Guys with immense talent -- in any endeavor -- are always going to keep getting more chances, that's just how shyt is.
I agree. I love Chess, I just don't like rewarding mediocrity.

New Jersey Twork situation has been the worst most blatant flagrant display of how bad and low the standard has been set in new age battle rap culture

I don't give a Damn how how good Twork is and can be, or his popularity... The stuff he's been getting away in Battle Rap in the last 2 years has been SHOCKING!

The fact that he's even alive is a damn miracle, but URL should've BEEEEEEEEEN sat Twork down, like they did Chess.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I’ve got Chess beating Shine in a really good & enjoyable battle.

The choking concerns are understandable and he’ll have to work to lose that mark but I’m hoping the time off to prep remedies that

I’m more concerned seeing Qleen being given a plate, as talented as he is can’t remember the last time he gave 3 clean rounds
If you compare their bars Chess is just a much better writer than K-Shine.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i was curious cause I remember having seen that video from back in the day somewhere i assume unbias group cause it wasnt in here and i wasnt in any other groups but in looking more into it online, it was brought up in the last battle 24/7 had with eurgh on kotd, then when i clicked on that battle. on the side popped up RYD watching the battle. its from may 2019 so youre telling me avo goes over the battle a year and a half ago? he didnt apologize himself at all. he just explains the content like what eurgh is referencing, just says oh yeah 24/7 said some racist shyt in a blog. no acknowledgment that he was laughing it up and adding to it with his "touche" clown shyt. and all of them in general were giving 24/7 mad props , it was diz, thesauras and organik on the episode.
I went down the same path man. fukk avocado. Even his apology tour is patronizing bullshyt