Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
So was Verb..

Facts. Verb's the man but he played around in that Shine battle. Problem is, we haven't gotten that Shine back tho really I don't think. A very calm, reserved, and composed Shine that when he strikes, he is really turnt up. I would be a bigger fan of Shine if he did that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So was Verb..
True but the difference is when they battled, Shine was not lit, and Verb was the much bigger star. Verb himself said he didn't take Shine serious because he didn't see him as a threat. No excuse for the loss, but it's different when the underdog is the better rapper.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
My body if work
Will BODY ya work
Stop confusin a bunch of activity wit results :ufdup:

Jonny tsunami :wow:
Truth always hits DIFFERENT :wow:
True but the difference is when they battled, Shine was not lit, and Verb was the much bigger star. Verb himself said he didn't take Shine serious because he didn't see him as a threat. No excuse for the loss, but it's different when the underdog is the better rapper.
I’m not buying that BULLSHYT!!

Toptiers only use that “I didn’t take *insert battler* serious“ when they lose.
By the time Shine faced Verb he already battled Roc, Surf, Calicoe, Goodz, DNA, Big T, JC, Cortez, Math, Arsonal :rudy:

Lux was a way bigger star than Calicoe (Even tho Cal was hot at that time, respectfully) and still BODIED that nikka.

Fans gotta stop acting like having a good pen is the ONLY way to win.

You still gotta REMEMBER the shyt.
You still gotta have a flow to go with it
Your projection still has to be potent

Chess’ pen doesn’t mean SHYT to me, when he can’t even remember the shyt he wrote.
Let alone keeps CHOKING tryna get through it.

In hiphop music we don’t ONLY focus on the best writers either, so that’s a weak excuse.

The best writers don’t always have the best ALBUMS.
Just like best writers don’t always win the battle.

Shine simply smoked Verb, the end.

And Shine will SMOKE Chess, and nikkas will act disappointed when he chokes/loses.

Save the file

ReasonableMatic

Daps

TAWK TO THIS nikka VERB!!!
0403606be61ad45bc52149be02444d42.png

Let’s get it :ohhh:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah let's get this battle now.

I need Verb to talk to Blackface and THEN y'all can fight but I need these bars first. Cal always has those moments where he's completely irrational and I want to hear Verb talk about it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Verb had definitely sonned the shyt out of Shine right before the battle, it did come off like he didn't take him seriously

Shine did say verb's neck was like a bean bag tho :mjlol: nikkas hands feel comfortable there

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really comparable.

Verb came into from the stance of thinking Shine wasnt on his level, like he was facing a little dude. Shine is held in higher regard than Chess is. If anything Shine is in that position Verb was in for this battle.

That was my whole point tho, a better writer doesn't necessarily win a battle because of the circumstances, wether it being a choker, underestimating your opponent or whatever.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Can someone please tell me why DME Detroit, the middle aged white blogger from Detroit, denies being white and says he's "Arab".... Like in America you're treated based on what race you're perceived to be...therefore if you look white and are treated as such, why patronize us by telling us you're Arabic?

When 9/11 happened in 2001 was DME Detroit being profiled everywhere he went or did they see just a regular mid-west white guy.

I don't know if you guys follow his blogs but every time there's a racist incident in the BRC he always emphasizes how he's "Arab NOT white" :unimpressed:
when does this get dicey for dizaster :lupe:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truth always hits DIFFERENT :wow:

I’m not buying that BULLSHYT!!

Toptiers only use that “I didn’t take *insert battler* serious“ when they lose.
By the time Shine faced Verb he already battled Roc, Surf, Calicoe, Goodz, DNA, Big T, JC, Cortez, Math, Arsonal :rudy:

Lux was a way bigger star than Calicoe (Even tho Cal was hot at that time, respectfully) and still BODIED that nikka.

Fans gotta stop acting like having a good pen is the ONLY way to win.

You still gotta REMEMBER the shyt.
You still gotta have a flow to go with it
Your projection still has to be potent

Chess’ pen doesn’t mean SHYT to me, when he can’t even remember the shyt he wrote.
Let alone keeps CHOKING tryna get through it.

In hiphop music we don’t ONLY focus on the best writers either, so that’s a weak excuse.

The best writers don’t always have the best ALBUMS.
Just like best writers don’t always win the battle.

Shine simply smoked Verb, the end.

And Shine will SMOKE Chess, and nikkas will act disappointed when he chokes/loses.

Save the file

I 100% believe Verb took Shine lightly and it simply backfired. You have to remember the events leading up to the battle.

Verb was coming to battles with just two rounds and coming out unscathed. Therefore, the bad habits were already there. Verb is pretty honest in his interviews. He said way before the battle that it was just a check and someone to battle.

As far as Shine, he didn’t really deserve the battle at the time. He came off a terrible performance against Wavy. Prior to that, he got 3-0d something terrible by Head Ice. I guess you don’t remember this time period, but Shine was having awful performances. You mentioned Cortez. He got 3-0d by Cortez on Ebl. He lost to Arsonal. Shine was a punching bag. Big T 3-0d him too lol. Shine was awful man.

Who can blame Verb, when Shine was getting smacked around by everyone? Shine was one of the worst top tier battlers at the time, until he reinvented himself with NWX.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@theflyest well said.

Verb talked FILTHY to Shine in that Total Slaughter kitchen prior to the battle.. He had already battled Rex and Mook was ducking so saw Shine as a peon..

What also helped Shine for real was creating NWX.. his delivery for those haymakers against Verb he hasn't matched since.

Damn shame that the one member who didn't néed NWX is no longer in it and they all benefitted from his stature in the game... Big T

Imagine DNA telling you ya services are no longer needed.. :mjtf:

Would love to see Cal v Verb though.. URL move too slow.