Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
This nikka Surf screaming take it from the top might be the funniest unintentional comedy moment in the history of battle rap. It's up there with Canibus and his 'I got however many rhymes in this book' shyt against Diz, Tay Roc acknowledging that he doesn't know which presidents are on which bills against Ill Will and Surf's man screaming that shyt's ass in Calicoe's face. nikka was like 6 bars into the round talking about take it from the top like he had an engineer and producer in the next room over smh.
You got me saying take it from the top at random shyt everyday :russ:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So did lux not spit his 3rd? Or was it a continuation of the 2nd
He didn't. He just keep spitting his left overs that got cut off.

He said he might let go the third since it was tailor-made for Surf and he can't use it anymore.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
nikka showing contracts. He's hurt hurt

So, all he showed us is the contract that might be saying what he probably needs to pay back an advance in a 360 deal in order for the label to recoup their money right? I would say, I hope you can pay the advance back doing shows but yeah...we see how that's looking for everyone who is performing.

Cortez can beat Surf in any setting wtf hahaha

I agree. But quite honestly, Cortez going in on Surf made me realize...I don't know if I want Cortez to battle Surf like before. Cortez was right about when Surf fukks up, he spins the narrative and dances around the fact he bullshyts. And the fans eat it up as always like idiots. What Cortez did, that was a round in itself, lol.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lux was saying some real shyt when Fit asked about the talk that the Lux that battled Surf was beatable, etc..

And he's saying since the Calicoe battle he's had that performance following him in every other battle as a marker to reach. Whereas when the Calicoe battle happened he had freedom to do whatever he wanted because it was more of an "unknown" thing. Now he has people pulling at him from different angles wanting Lux to get back into certain modes and he tries to appease everyone.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lux was saying some real shyt when Fit asked about the talk that the Lux that battled Surf was beatable, etc..

And he's saying since the Calicoe battle he's had that performance following him in every other battle as a marker to reach. Whereas when the Calicoe battle happened he had freedom to do whatever he wanted because it was more of an "unknown" thing. Now he has people pulling at him from different angles wanting Lux to get back into certain modes and he tries to appease everyone.

I recall leading up the to Lux battle a lot of folks were underestimating Lux as well. you know the usual "you were hot back then but now...", "This is a new era now, can you hack it in this era", etc a lot of folks had Cal winning as well before the battle happened, since Cal was the top guy at the time and had bodied Math the year before.

I do agree that Lux had the space to do whatever he wanted, so him reinventing his whole style had a bigger impact as a result. I don't think I recall folks wanting Lux to go grey hoodie for Cal

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:I’m listening to Lux on the JBP. He’s talking straight to the point. None of that bullshyt talking in circles.

Considering Daylyt came off his greatest performance, this has to happen next. If Day fukks around and battles Rum next, he might get 3-0d or something.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:russ:I’m listening to Lux on the JBP. He’s talking straight to the point. None of that bullshyt talking in circles.
He's doing the same in the Math one too. There are like one or two moments when he talks in circles here but it's pretty straight forward, making it very entertaining.