Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Maybe I’m biased because his matches against Surf, Suge, plus his first round against Roc were some of his best performances. In my opinion.

But Geechi be talking that shyt regardless. Big stage, small room - whatever. Fam is consistent across the board.

Yeah, Geechi was clearly at his best in small rooms to me.
When he locks in on his opponent and doesn’t worry about the crowd too much, his style is a LOT more effective.

Regardless, his professionalism will always carry him no matter what setting.

And one thing I don’t like that I see when ppl critique Danny is that they don’t praise his professionalism ENOUGH.

And this is not just about Danny, it applies to Chilla, etc too.

Professionalism should get WAY MORE credit with the fans and leagues than it does.

I’d rather watch and give credit to a nikka with less “Star Power” I might not “like” as much as a star with a higher ceiling that barely shows up.

I don’t care how talented you are, if I can barely count on you you’re worthless to me

That’s just my perspective in life tho, I understand it’s not for everybody

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

Yeah, Geechi was clearly at his best in small rooms to me.
When he locks in on his opponent and doesn’t worry about the crowd too much, his style is a LOT more effective.

Regardless, his professionalism will always carry him no matter what setting.

And one thing I don’t like that I see when ppl critique Danny is that they don’t praise his professionalism ENOUGH.

And this is not just about Danny, it applies to Chilla, etc too.

Professionalism should get WAY MORE credit with the fans and leagues than it does.

I’d rather watch and give credit to a nikka with less “Star Power” I might not “like” as much as a star with a higher ceiling that barely shows up.

I don’t care how talented you are, if I can barely count on you you’re worthless to me

That’s just my perspective in life tho, I understand it’s not for everybody

Nah, you right. nikkas are way more concerned about that superstar bullshyt and the "IT" factor but professionalism should take the backseat. Smdh.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The likes of Todd danny and DNA deserve all the props for their professionalism and that they constistanly bring 3 rounds which they put their hearts in regardless of the setting or opponent. That being said all 3 of them have dope lines here and there but I just can't fukk with them due to a mix of their delivery and personality. :manny:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
D1B6B82B-4FEF-49A0-9E91-33390DBE4531.jpeg

God Bless

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
I gotta disagree on the delivery thing somewhat, too. Main reason for me is that he stands out; his style isn't for everyone but me, I get it. Just hear me out, not saying what you all are saying is bullshyt; just offering perspective. No one can say that Danny whenever he has battled what he does sound like so and so in the way he delivered it or even wrote it. I would hate for Danny to all of a sudden like he had Rum Nitty help him write and deliver his shyt. Or he all of sudden battles like B Dot, Illmac, or whoever else.

Plus, Danny just like some others who work hard in the game like a Cortez...nikkas need an angle on or find something wrong with them. Just from what I have observed. If its not his delivery...its his writing...or its his personal life...or something else. In all honesty, I feel like it makes him more interesting because he stood out amongst a lot of talent in the game. Let's be real...that 12K to Rex thing should've gotten him outta here. The whole kids thing...that should've gotten him outta here. His age...that could've gotten him outta here but maybe not so much since we have guys like Head ICE, Moon, Swave and a few other OGs still around. His wife's drug addiction...that would've made a lot of the talent fold under pressure. See, sometimes its not about what the battle rapper gives you to effect the crowd. It's about the hits you can take as a professional on that stage from the main stage to the small room. And also, how you come back from it.

I feel like if you can't fukk with him and he has done some shyt that made you nod your head like ok that was fire....then he did something right at this point.
Danny is dope to me, his only weakness is that he has one gear, if he had more of a crescendo and built up to the hype parts it would probably hit harder at times , but I like him overall

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The likes of Todd danny and DNA deserve all the props for their professionalism and that they constistanly bring 3 rounds which they put their hearts in regardless of the setting or opponent. That being said all 3 of them have dope lines here and there but I just can't fukk with them due to a mix of their delivery and personality. :manny:
This.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reminder to nikkas, Mickey Factz said the same when Lux went to Hot97 :wow:

My money on LUX, God bless

I ain't even need Mickey Factz to confirm anything, i already knew Lux gonna come with that heat, especially for a small room environment. This is literally Lux's battle to lose. :wow:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is my take as well. Being consistently meh, is still meh.