Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I dont think he wrote for anyone, I just think it was a dope line he wrote and it got him the type of attention he wanted.
I definitely think he wrote for Surf. Him and Surf used to "spar" all the time. Same thing Surf said he did with Boom.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I definitely think he wrote for Surf. Him and Surf used to "spar" all the time. Same thing Surf said he did with Boom.
at the same time...some of these nikkas do just actually spar right? i dont immediately think ghost writing when someone says they practice battling against other battler because that's normal as hell in any other sport, basically a game of 21 :manny:

maybe @RAW_SPK can speak on it

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I dont think he wrote for anyone, I just think it was a dope line he wrote and it got him the type of attention he wanted.
Chilla clearly wrote for Surf imo..
Ah Di Boom also wrote some shyt for him, Danny simply was the wrong one to expose it and Surf was aware and took full opportunity of his stanbase and talking skill to deflect and make it blow over.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
at the same time...some of these nikkas do just actually spar right? i dont immediately think ghost writing when someone says they practice battling against other battler because that's normal as hell in any other sport, basically a game of 21 :manny:

Not for everyone, sure. But when Surf already has accusations from people about ghostwriting, and then you start hanging with someone who is a known pen's man after your alleged "ghostwriter" went to jail? I don't know. Seems obvious.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Not for everyone, sure. But when Surf already has accusations from people about ghostwriting, and then you start hanging with someone who is a known pen's man after your alleged "ghostwriter" went to jail? I don't know. Seems obvious.
Yea but it's surf. He talks soooo much shyt about people and how much better he is than alot of these dudes, why would someone WANT to ghostwrite for him and make him look good? That's like saying Verb has a ghostwriter, nikkas would send him a verse and then expose him immediately :mjlol:

If anyone had ghost writers imo it would prolly be dudes who are well liked, they dont have to worry as much about people exposing them. Or if you're battling someone who other battlers hate they may call you with nameflips or haymakers just to make sure you body the person, NWX definitely does that, you battling 5 ppl at one time

Surf doesn't move or talk like someone worried about a bodybag level exposal happening

That being said i could see chill being a guy people call to see if they can help him edit their bars, i could see surf doing that but wouldnt call that ghostwriting

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
watchin gotti vs. chilla, got gotta edgin the first by 2 don demarcos

this is lookin closer than nikkas painted it unless chilla leaves earth in his 2nd and 3rd

:whoo: chilla got this 2nd already

geechie spendin his 3rd talkin about the good fight :ld: i support it but chill bouta wash him with this throwaway round

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.

You’re right in that assumption. From times ive sparred with hollow or jonny storm or myverse, it was always on some “yo you got ya rounds done? I got mine done lets spar” and we just mock battle pretty much. On the orher hand ive just been chillin and had someone be like “yo lemme spit my rounds to you and lemne know what you think”. At the most the only “help” i would give is “oh you should say this like this” or “i see where you were goin with that scheme...maybe you should throw this in there to tie it together” blah blah blah. Or even an idea They maybe glossed over like “yo did you mention this...maybe throw in something bout this”. But never straight up writing bars for them.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You’re right in that assumption. From times ive sparred with hollow or jonny storm or myverse, it was always on some “yo you got ya rounds done? I got mine done lets spar” and we just mock battle pretty much. On the orher hand ive just been chillin and had someone be like “yo lemme spit my rounds to you and lemne know what you think”. At the most the only “help” i would give is “oh you should say this like this” or “i see where you were goin with that scheme...maybe you should throw this in there to tie it together” blah blah blah. Or even an idea They maybe glossed over like “yo did you mention this...maybe throw in something bout this”. But never straight up writing bars for them.
Yea exactly. Thats normal as hell and i can see surf doing that with nikkas he thinks write better than him.

Actual writtens? Nah, there's too much clout to possibly gain by exposing him, it woulda been happened by now imo

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Not sure whether this shyt has run its course on here (as it’s not really battle rap related in terms of the actual craft), but John John was on twitter giving his version of events. nikka said that he was by himself, reiterated the point that he legally carries wherever he goes and said that he essentially walked up to the people outside (where apparently Ace was) and asked him if he had an issue (with the implication that he was at least flashing his gun). Said that he didn’t want to fight Ace because he made a pledge to himself years ago to not be out here fighting. shyt kinda seemed a little funny though because he then went on to say that if a fight needed to happen to resolve this shyt without it getting messy he would be down for it. Kinda seemed like he was gassed a little and now that the implications of what happened are more clear that he’s looking for an off ramp of sorts.

Based on his version of events though he kinda came off looking goofy though. nikka said he walked up to a dude in front of a crowd and flashed his registered firearm in broad daylight. Type of behavior you engage in when you don’t really want to have to use that gun but you want to be seen putting on a show. Unless we’ve all misjudged this nikka and he’s Sean Branch, can’t believe that he had any intention on laying the nikka down in front of a throng of witnesses and in front of a facility with cameras outside and inside that shyt (with Caffeine present). Whatever comes of the shyt though, hopefully it doesn’t go much further than a scrap or something like that though.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snake Eyez needs to be on Caffeine. He has the appropriate intensity level for this type of event. His pen still needs refinement but guys like him help keep battle rap competitive.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy Blackface punched Brizz into a semi-retirement home. If I'm Lux I would watch my back if Blackface is at an event.
If he took off on Lux one time I don't know if I could even be mad.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
So aight, y'all know I fux with John John...but...is it just me or does he seem to end up in the middle of some shyt? i know he does better than most but I am just wondering. Its like it started with the stigma of him stealing bars then a perception of him and how he gets bigger battles. The beef with Hollow, the beef with Jakkboy, he almost got into a fight with the Goonies during the Twork battle, a little controversy over his league not being URL South when he went out on his to do Bullpen, that weird shyt about him and Math since they both smashed Bonnie (I think), and the weird shyt with ole girl he got locked up for before his Hollow battle. And now this crazy ass Ace Amin shyt. Not saying it has lowered his stock at all the whole time these things happened. I'm just sayin' it's kinda crazy.