Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I think Nuborn would body Twork at this point. Dude is legit trash now and he gets all the chances in the world from Smack. I don't even watch his battles anymore unless ya'll stamp it first and he's not in that bytch choking up a storm. Oh and Surf is gonna get destroyed by Lux. MSYKM was fire tho. That's my battle rap commentary for the year, lol. Most of these dudes just disgust me with the choking and unpreparedness. I can't even fukk with this shyt like I used to.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those that won't get the reference 125th street and Lexington in Harlem is morning, afternoon AND night of the living dead
01HARLEM3-jumbo.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
this... sounds kinda spooky...i s Lux gonna bring the guy that shot Surf to the battle or smth? :merchant:

Nah lmao i doubt it, but remember awhile back when Ice came across one of Surf ops when the talks of this battle was happening. I believe Wolf told Lux to swing thru as he was talkin' to dude.

:sas2:

I can't remember who upped the footage though, I don't think it was HHIR, it was some other shyt.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I’m a prisoner of the moment, but NJT vs Swamp is one of the worst losses on the URL platform in recent memory from a “top tier.” Im saying that in terms of status. It really felt like NJT went down to mid tier status losing to a nygga like Swamp.

Sure nyggas lose all the time, but it just felt like NJT’s stock really dropped after this. He should spend the next year getting himself together like Chess did.

Chess had to earn his top tier status again. NJT needs to do the same.

NJT May need to do the battle rap diet. He’s not fat/obese like some of these other nyggas, but he is a natural 300lber. Why not lose about 20 pounds?

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I’m a prisoner of the moment, but NJT vs Swamp is one of the worst losses on the URL platform in recent memory from a “top tier.” Im saying that in terms of status. It really felt like NJT went down to mid tier status losing to a nygga like Swamp.

Sure nyggas lose all the time, but it just felt like NJT’s stock really dropped after this. He should spend the next year getting himself together like Chess did.

Chess had to earn his top tier status again. NJT needs to do the same.

NJT May need to do the battle rap diet. He’s not fat/obese like some of these other nyggas, but he is a natural 300lber. Why not lose about 20 pounds?

He gonna need to do some other Banned battles after this one for sure

i think it feels bad because the material we DID get smoked Swamp. add the weird week delay/possible no-show by NJT to it all and yeah. If battle rap had a credit score his would be in the 400's right now

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Chilla beat Geechi 2-1 clear, could be 3-0 depending on how you judge the second.

"Watching a URL classic, knowing you ghostwrote for both nikkas" - Chilla :ohhh:
The way Chilla built up to that “Watching a URL classic, knowing you ghostwrote for BOTH nikkas” DAWGGG:ohlawd:

Chilla CLEARLY beat Geechi, the 2nd is the only rd to make a case for Geechi with.

Chilla be thriving in them small rooms, his pen has ALWAYS been elite. I respect the way his projection and overall skillset has elevated tremendously over the years.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He gonna need to do some other Banned battles after this one for sure

i think it feels bad because the material we DID get smoked Swamp. add the weird week delay/possible no-show by NJT to it all and yeah. If battle rap had a credit score his would be in the 400's right now

it feels bad because it’s like the last straw,
From an accumulation of bad performances. He’s dropping the ball as a main event. Not reliable enough for that spot. He’s not even reliable enough to be on a NOME card.

also, top tiers normally just face other top tiers once they get there, so this wouldn’t look as bad if it were a Tay roc or someone like that. In the past, a guy like Swamp would have to put in more work to get this battle.

Last edited: