Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If Daylyt & Jey give strong performances on NOME then the West is pretty much running battle rap
I'd put geechie/nitty/bdot(even tho im not big on him) up against any other 3 and feel confident in winning atleast 2 of those wagers :myman:

The west been home the past couple years in battle rap for me :manny: them nikkas not playing with nobody, regardless of how Day and Nitewing do i have that region in a league of their own right now in terms of variety and being consistent

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
IDK what people see Geechi. The drill rapper of battle rap tbh.

when it's real you can tell....

But nah Geechi brings a level of gang authenticity no other battler can bring. A crip from Compton that's believable and can rebuttal. He fills a void. Not the most lyrical by any means but there are a few non-lyrical top tier nikkas out here.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Ace is way too eager to deliver his material. Feels like he writes his rounds on paper and rehearses from the paper and then spends a little time rehearsing without it. Whatever it is, his regime needs to change.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK what people see Geechi. The drill rapper of battle rap tbh.
He is/was a gang banger...nobody loves that shyt more than battle rap fans and battle rappers, makes them wet or sumn. "Wow, an actual real gangsta who did some of the stuff we always rap about!! :wub:", that type shyt. He's good, no better and no worse.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
My wishlist for rookies vs vets

Jey the nitewing vs aye verb
Fonz vs ave
Kid choas vs chess
Your honor vs Charlie clips
Real sikh vs chilla Jones
Eazy da block captain vs shotgun suge
Brooklyn hanz vs swave sevah
Gunpowder pat vs goodz
Ru bando vs jc
Swamp vs nj twork
Ace amin vs t top.
Your Honor? Ace? GUNPOWDER PATT?

HELL NO:russ:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ace is way too eager to deliver his material. Feels like he writes his rounds on paper and rehearses from the paper and then spends a little time rehearsing without it. Whatever it is, his regime needs to change.

he needs to slow it down and more poise

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
@Ardamus

I'm sure this video speaks to your soul.

:russ: you know what, i saw this days ago and i was gonna post it and tag you like LOOK MUTHAfukkA, lmao, but i decided not to since we argue that much. but i was like nah, i'm fallin' back. you damn right tho.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He is/was a gang banger...nobody loves that shyt more than battle rap fans and battle rappers, makes them wet or sumn. "Wow, an actual real gangsta who did some of the stuff we always rap about!! :wub:", that type shyt. He's good, no better and no worse.
I think it's more than that, because Aktiv is a real LA Gang Banger and everyone thought he was trash still. I think Geechi is overrated but he put in the work, stayed consistent and has had enough stand out lines to get the respect he garners. I still think people over do it with how nice he is though.