Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
"About to battle Lux" "battled Lux/Hitman" is a terrible argument. Surf got nothing to lose when he looses to Lux. And vice versa. He has EVERYTHING to lose if JC makes him see blood. Not because of JC notoriety (or lack thereof), but because of how he looks down on JC. Surf knows JC is more than capable with the pen. We ALL know this. And because of that Surf is terrified. Of course he won't admit it though. I mean the way he talks makes it so obvious. Its like a scare tactic.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...just another in a long line of excuses. Surf (and maybe to a degree, Verb) know he will get his ass handed to him, and won't be able to spin it with his usual bullshyt.

That's the thing i don't get. Why does Surf "Know he will get his ass handed to him" By JC of all people when it's been proven he can be beaten clearly by people lesser skilled then Surf??

I honestly think Cortez is a bigger threat to Surf then JC. Cortez has multiple performances better then JC's best performances.(Then again naw let me take that back. Cortez doesn't have the "it" factor to beat Surf)

Hell JJDD is a bigger threat to Surf then JC.

I'm not saying JC won't do great against Surf. I'm not even saying JC can't beat Surf cause he's very capable of doing it. I'm saying how in the world is Surf "scared" Of JC? That makes no damn sense to me.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's the thing i don't get. Why does Surf "Know he will get his ass handed to him" By JC of all people when it's been proven he can be beaten clearly by people lesser skilled then Surf??

I honestly think Cortez is a bigger threat to Surf then JC. Cortez has multiple performances better then JC's best performances.

Hell JJDD is a bigger threat to Surf then JC.

I'm not saying JC won't do great against Surf. I'm not even saying JC can't beat Surf cause he's very capable of doing it. I'm saying how in the world is Surf "scared" Of JC? That makes no damn sense to me.
It's like Verb said, nikkas don't want to take that hard battle for less than top dollar, because there's not much else to gain because he's most likely going to come and try to kill you.

Personally, I think they know in their hearts JC is capable of doing them badly. Cortez, too, in Surf's case.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's like Verb said, nikkas don't want to take that hard battle for less than top dollar, because there's not much else to gain because he's most likely going to come and try to kill you.

O well yea that i 100% agree with. But why would anyone think Surf would take the battle to begin with if it wasn't top dollar? This is Surf. He's the most hollywood nikka in battle rap.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
O well yea that i 100% agree with. But why would anyone think Surf would take the battle to begin with if it wasn't top dollar? This is Surf. He's the most hollywood nikka in battle rap.
There's that, too. I'm sure he's avoiding catching a real damaging L, which is why he's so absurdly choosy. I think he's only battling Lux for the payday, or he's deluded himself into thinking he can win. Likely both.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
There's that, too. I'm sure he's avoiding catching a real damaging L, which is why he's so absurdly choosy. I think he's only battling Lux for the payday, or he's deluded himself into thinking he can win. Likely both.

Which i also agree with. But why act like that's a bad thing? Surf managing his career the way he has is the reason he's at where he's at.

Jc battling nobodies in basements is also the reason he's where he's at.

I remember watching a Surf interview a couple years back and he brought up JC Cortez Math and JJDD and said he looks at all 4 of those as 15,000 battles. He's not turning down 15k. So when Smack thinks it's go time it'll go down. But thinking Surf is gonna settle for anything less especially when JC is out here losing to Loso of all people is crazy lol.

JC has to create the demand to pay Surf that 15k. It's not the other way around.

I know we can only talk about this stuff from a fans point of view but making outlandish statements like "Surf is ducking JC" Just doesn't even sound right.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Which i also agree with. But why act like that's a bad thing? Surf managing his career the way he has is the reason he's at where he's at.

Jc battling nobodies in basements is also the reason he's where he's at.

I remember watching a Surf interview a couple years back and he brought up JC Cortez Math and JJDD and said he looks at all 4 of those as 15,000 battles. He's not turning down 15k. So when Smack thinks it's time it'll go down. But thinking Surf is gonna settle for anything less especially when JC is out here losing to Loso of all people is crazy lol.

JC has to create the demand to pay Surf that 15k. It's not the other way around.

I know we can only talk about this stuff from a fans point of view but making outlandish statements like "Surf is ducking JC" Just doesn't even sound right.
Yeah, but you look corny talking shyt like you're the best or whatever, and you're coming up with excuse after excuse and moving goalposts to avoid certain matches.

I do agree JC could move better

I do not believe that last part. I don't see how he hasn't been offered a real bag to battle Math at least 2 or 3 times since he called him out. Especially after he murked Hollow.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yeah, but you look corny talking shyt like you're the best or whatever, and you're coming up with excuse after excuse and moving goalposts to avoid certain matches.

I do agree JC could move better

I do not believe that last part. I don't see how he hasn't been offered a real bag to battle Math at least 2 or 3 times since he called him out. Especially after he murked Hollow.

I'm sure Surf had been offered bags for Math but i'm also sure those bags weren't on URL.

I also agree with Surf's shyt talking but honestly that's Surf lol. He said that in the lux faceoff. He knows he pisses people off and he wouldn't have it no other way. That's who he is lol.

Not to mention that interview about 15k was more then 2 years ago. That number is 100% higher now lmao.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm sure Surf had been offered bags for Math but i'm also sure those bags weren't on URL.

I also agree with Surf's shyt talking but honestly that's Surf lol. He said that in the lux faceoff. He knows he pisses people off and he wouldn't have it no other way. That's who he is lol.

Not to mention that interview about 15k was more then 2 years ago. That number is 100% higher now lmao.
If Surf was as important or a boss as he thinks he is, he could battle wherever he wants.