Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I fux with this, mostly just because Ill Will is dope as sh1t

Whats the plan for NOME? Actual in-person battles?

I know there's going to be limitations around distance and crowd size, but that's the route they're going right? No Zoom bullsh1t?
Basically like the Caffeine room.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Just cuz a nikka consistent and doesnt choke doesn't mean the shyt they get off cleanly isn't mediocre. TODD and DNA will always be ass to me idc how "professional" they are

Oddly enough, I put DNA more in that category than JJDD. Plus, DNA just does stuff in battles and within the politics of the game that I don't like (except for sponsorship).

I feel like JJDD is way more self made and overall moves like he is in charge of his career more than most of these other battle rappers. Which I respect. Then he backs up the shyt he talks. Let's not act like that body against Jakkboy wasn't legendary. And how he arguably beat Hollow after he got straight out of jail. His music tho? That's a different story, lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro, don't even argue with him. It'll go in circles.
As much as I don't like the fact JC did that no show bullshyt at the face-offs and the first he was supposed to battle Loso, I do tink low key Surf is scared of JC. Writing wise, he is one of the people in the game who leveled up and Surf knows that. Verb has said he is scared of others before but he made a point about that fear motivating him, too, in an interview; it was odd but he mentioned this before he took on Twork. We will see Verb battle JC I think but when...who knows.
Surf is scared of JC but took Lux and Hollow?? Verb is scared of JC but chased a battle with Lux for years and has literally battled almost every other name in the game?? :usure:

Ardamus

Daps
Surf is scared of JC but took Lux and Hollow?? Verb is scared of JC but chased a battle with Lux for years and has literally battled almost every other name in the game?? :usure:

Surf throws rocks at alot of the comp and runs from everyone when he hides behind bullshyt politics, excuses, and accolades. Thats enough for me to believe he is scared of a pen like JC. He took Hollow fresh out of jail and that battle actually became debatable. I don't have an answer for Verb but I bet Verb will battle JC sooner than Surf will; scared or not.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Surf throws rocks at alot of the comp and runs from everyone when he hides behind bullshyt politics, excuses, and accolades. Thats enough for me to believe he is scared of a pen like JC. He took Hollow fresh out of jail and that battle actually became debatable. I don't have an answer for Verb but I bet Verb will battle JC sooner than Surf will; scared or not.

Why would he be scared of jcs pen when he about to battle someone with a better pen??

And jc has been bodied 3 times now. Shine t top and loso. (Hell some ppl might put twork In there as well)

No one is scared of jc lol. (And don’t get it twisted. Loso is still garbage)

Ardamus

Daps
Why would he be scared of jcs pen when he about to battle someone with a better pen??

And jc has been bodied 3 times now. Shine t top and loso. (Hell some ppl might put twork In there as well)

Loso ain't garbage but then again, I don't see eye to eye with you on a lot of this shyt so I'm not going to even go back and forth with you. Kind of funny how you give him credit then take it away in the next sentence tho.

I'll rewatch his Shine and Top battles because I don;t remember those being bodies at all. You might be reachin'. But I'll give you Twork and Loso. Twork made him look crazy at the very least. Loso exposed him.

Again like I said before, Surf hides behind other shyt to win and that's why he is scared. Just because he is about to battle Lux doesn't mean he scared of the possibility of losing to JC isn't there since he knows he can outwrite him. You act like JC is Backpack Billy or Coked Out Chris from [insert league name here]. Let's not do that. You just spent some time tallying his losses and trying to make an argument like JC don't get busy.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

You wildin' with this one. Bodied? Antics, theatrics and being twice as big and "bullying" is not bodying shyt. Loso had a once in a lifetime angle, and had the performance of his life, and I still say he lost the 2nd vs. a B- or C+ JC. None of the battles you mentioned, save Loso, and maybe Shine, the opponent's bars or material were flat out better. NJT's shyt wasn't really better, he had to damn near trample JC to sell that shyt, and people fell for the hype.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You wildin' with this one. Bodied? Antics, theatrics and being twice as big and "bullying" is not bodying shyt. Loso had a once in a lifetime angle, and had the performance of his life, and I still say he lost the 2nd vs. a B- or C+ JC. None of the battles you mentioned, save Loso, and maybe Shine, the opponent's bars or material were flat out better. NJT's shyt wasn't really better, he had to damn near trample JC to sell that shyt, and people fell for the hype.
:gucci:

Bruh "Small n testin" got JC the fukk up outta there

Yall really believe people more scared of JC than Lux? :mjlol: how sway