Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Nobody is scared of JC. It's just for guys at the level battling JC only actually benefits JC. He may be the worst risk/reward match in battle rap. It's like when Mosley took the Winky Wright fight.

Man bye. Verb was straight up saying he was scared of JC. Surf definitely scared of JC. No way around it. He cracked his man's now he wants keep jumping from bush to bush.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Man bye. Verb was straight up saying he was scared of JC. Surf definitely scared of JC. No way around it. He cracked his man's now he wants keep jumping from bush to bush.

Bro, don't even argue with him. It'll go in circles.
As much as I don't like the fact JC did that no show bullshyt at the face-offs and the first he was supposed to battle Loso, I do tink low key Surf is scared of JC. Writing wise, he is one of the people in the game who leveled up and Surf knows that. Verb has said he is scared of others before but he made a point about that fear motivating him, too, in an interview; it was odd but he mentioned this before he took on Twork. We will see Verb battle JC I think but when...who knows.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think verb or surf are afraid of JC lol. If you consider the people they stood in front of (Lux hitman hollow etc etc) why tf would they be afraid of JC. Im not even a fan of surf and I think he would make him look super bad.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Bet! I'm HYPE!!! This is Chess big moment. Let's see if he can stand up to the pressure. For some weird reason I think no crowd might distract him more. I really hope I'm wrong.
He cant stand up to the pressure and he's already had big moments and dropped the ball

Still hope he manages not to choke tho

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I'm reading these Rum bars vs Cort and man. This nikka is overrated as fukk. These whack ass court/core flips are nauseating.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JJDD vs Ill Will announced for NOME

I fux with this, mostly just because Ill Will is dope as sh1t

Whats the plan for NOME? Actual in-person battles?

I know there's going to be limitations around distance and crowd size, but that's the route they're going right? No Zoom bullsh1t?

Ardamus

Daps
JJDD vs Ill Will announced for NOME

Ok see...now this battle...I'm hype for. No dis to K-Shine vs. Chess but I wasn't as hype for that battle like I am for this one.
JJDD could take it 2-1 based on more consistency and no chokes. However, one thing Ill Will does good is imitate his opponent and really break down their weaknesses more so in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. So I dunno. This could go either way 2-1 low key.

Ardamus

Daps
Imma keep it a buck....not excited for Ill Will vs JDD. JDD is mediocre and brings out the worst in his opponents, so that means that we're gonna get a trash Ill Will...which is horrible :picard:

fukk outta here. No chokes, barely any slips. How is that mediocre? If you mean just by his pen; I see some of what you mean but even that's not completely true. He is way more consistent than good amount of battle rappers who choke and no show.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk outta here. No chokes, barely any slips. How is that mediocre? If you mean just by his pen; I see some of what you mean but even that's not completely true. He is way more consistent than good amount of battle rappers who choke and no show.

Being consistently mediocre is still being mediocre :heh: