Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Doing big battles on Caffeine is smart because there is no PPV stream for these guys to try to negotiate a cut of. I can't imagine guys like Lux or Hollow doing a PPV event without at least trying to get a cut of the stream based on the numbers the PPV does. You know these battlers aren't going to Caffeine with all that...
There's also no PPV to push and increase for the company. They likely capped their income.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's also no PPV to push and increase for the company. They likely capped their income.

Some of the battles that premiered on Caffeine have already gone on the app so that's incorrect. URL has already monetized twice off of some of these battles.

URL might have a really nice deal with Caffeine. My thinking is that Caffeine could be willing to take a loss to get their profile up. They are a PG or even WeGoHard compared to Youtube but they know the money will come if they can take a short term loss.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some of the battles that premiered on Caffeine have already gone on the app so that's incorrect. URL has already monetized twice off of some of these battles.

URL might have a really nice deal with Caffeine. My thinking is that Caffeine could be willing to take a loss to get their profile up. They are a PG or even WeGoHard compared to Youtube but they know the money will come if they can take a short term loss.
I'm talking strictly live events

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you said something about as long as the check clears. I mean, homie's rep is on the line, too. He can't just go by selling the fight anymore if fans are pointing out how half assed he has been. Its been a while now. Lux is observant as fukk, too. All I am saying is....money is part of it but Surf knows what's on the line for him with this battle.
This is why reading comprehension is crucial. What I said is Surf doesn't care if theres no people or 2000 people in the room as long as he's getting his same pay. I didn't say anything about him being motivated or not in regards to his actual material for Lux.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
This is why reading comprehension is crucial. What I said is Surf doesn't care if theres no people or 2000 people in the room as long as he's getting his same pay. I didn't say anything about him being motivated or not in regards to his actual material for Lux.

Well, for your sake critical thinking and perception is crucial, too. You said as long as the check clears. And I'm saying if Lux beats the shyt out of him (which I think will happen), he knows his rep somewhat will be on the line. Crowd or no crowd. AND, Smack just said you lose if you choke now that the Caffeine got them a bag. Yes Lux has choked but who has given us a lot of battles where there were 2 and a half rounds? Don't worry I'll wait.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the judges for the next tournament go around are battle rap media people again

Who is your four? There is no way this would happen but I would pick

3Letterman
Raine
Posey from Black Compass
Battle Truth

Shyt would be lit

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or if they're bringing people back Tone Bro has to come back, he's the only judge who has clearly expressed his likes and dislikes.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
If the judges for the next tournament go around are battle rap media people again

Who is your four? There is no way this would happen but I would pick

3Letterman
Raine
Posey from Black Compass
Battle Truth

Shyt would be lit

Half of those judges, yes. 3Letterman and Raine I feel would keep it a hundid and would do a good job judging.
Keep Toney Bro instead of Posey. I just feel like Posey can be bit biased; maybe he has changed since the AFR days but I just can't see it.
Battle Truth...ehhhhhh...his blogs have gotten better but he still makes some awful points.

3Letterman, Raine, maybe Minnesota Luke since he has so many of the archives and can spot a 10-4 possibly, and Pritty Money, he would actually be entertaining as hell as a judge and keep it all the way real.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Half of those judges, yes. 3Letterman and Raine I feel would keep it a hundid and would do a good job judging.
Keep Toney Bro instead of Posey. I just feel like Posey can be bit biased; maybe he has changed since the AFR days but I just can't see it.
Battle Truth...ehhhhhh...his blogs have gotten better but he still makes some awful points.

My first set of picks was for my own entertainment value. I'll make some more serious picks

Tone Bro
Raine
3Letterman
Poison Pen

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
My first set of picks was for my own entertainment value. I'll make some more serious picks

Tone Bro
Raine
3Letterman
Poison Pen
Since it's based off first watch, I'd pick people who are good at dissecting bars (Assuming Jay Black can't be used)

Tone Bro
Jon Reel
Hennyman
Poison Pen