Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
This bts is really dope.

Even though AVO films for everybody, it really feels like he’s part of the URL staff at times.

That's a good point. So technically, is he part of the staff now? I feel like Avo is in a sense a contractor that everyone has gone to for work; RYD is obviously his own imprint and has been a dope ass idea in battle rap. But I almost want to say he is deemed essential to SMACK URL. Unless they bring Twizz back...which I do think they did but maybe not in the same way.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a good point. So technically, is he part of the staff now? I feel like Avo is in a sense a contractor that everyone has gone to for work; RYD is obviously his own imprint and has been a dope ass idea in battle rap. But I almost want to say he is deemed essential to SMACK URL. Unless they bring Twizz back...which I do think they did but maybe not in the same way.

No he’s not apart of the staff. He’ll film for anybody. The only reason I said he feels like part of the staff, is because he basically had creative control to do whatever for the quarantine battles, which he states himself on HHIR.

Im sure he realizes that he and his brand really took off once he started filming for the URL. Filming for the URL also allowed him to quit his job and do battle rap full time.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
No he’s not apart of the staff. He’ll film for anybody. The only reason I said he feels like part of the staff, is because he basically had creative control to do whatever for the quarantine battles, which he states himself on HHIR.

Im sure he realizes that he and his brand really took off once he started filming for the URL. Filming for the URL also allowed him to quit his job and do battle rap full time.

Ok, you meant just exclusively with URL as staff.
You're referring to that recent interview on HHIR?
Yeah, if I am not mistaken he goes into it more on one of his vids on the RYD channel.
I mean, he's been at it thru so many transitions of battle rap that he knows the game well enough. And it made sense for him to have his own imprint and it grew once he became a camera for hire; especially by URL and giving KOTD some of their best looking battles.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Maybe prisoner of the moment

But bdot vs saga might have cracked my top 10 battles of all time in quality alone as far as everything that was in it , lyricism , content, a message for whats happening now, personals they got deep with each other

As far as quality alone its right there with jc vs chilla , rum vs ave, hollow vs lux, verb vs hitman.

Don't know if it will have the longevity of those battles but just in quality its there

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Maybe prisoner of the moment

But bdot vs saga might have cracked my top 10 battles of all time in quality alone as far as everything that was in it , lyricism , content, a message for whats happening now, personals they got deep with each other

As far as quality alone its right there with jc vs chilla , rum vs ave, hollow vs lux, verb vs hitman.

Don't know if it will have the longevity of those battles but just in quality its there

Saga is sitting on boty contenders right now with 2 different battles. Cortez vs Saga was mad dope as well.