Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he wants to battle Smack contract guys then he needs to get with the program. If he doesn't, then he can just continue doing him.

Wavy has had some bad breaks, but ultimately he has screwed himself.
What's Wavy's biggest problem?
He's another cherry picker!! He's turned down plenty of match-ups because they weren't the right look. The no shows have hurt him, but he could easily go do a WeGoHard battle to get his name hot again.
He hasn't earned the right to so selective, and ultimately may get left behind because of it. He's openly complained about the Bill Collector match-up, but ain't nobody trying to hear all that.

Yeah, I mentioned that Wavy is a little too selective. There has to be some balance. He's not a top tier guy, so it's still very important for him to be seen.

Wavy will not battle on WGH. For someone like Wavy, he would view that as a step backwards. He feels he's above it. There is nothing wrong with going in there for a one rounder to work on some things.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah, I mentioned that Wavy is a little too selective. There has to be some balance. He's not a top tier guy, so it's still very important for him to be seen.

Wavy will not battle on WGH. For someone like Wavy, he would view that as a step backwards. He feels he's above it. There is nothing wrong with going in there for a one rounder to work on some things.
he got no showed twice
he is under contract and cant battle nowhere else
how he too selective???
he was taking two battles he aint want Day/Ill
he just wanted to a chance to perform at that point didnt matter against who

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wouldnt this make sense this make
choosing a battle that benefits u the most that is available :dwillhuh:
the basketball analogy falls short for me danny n Cor are far from layups
during the downtime he waited for a battle that made sense instead of doing one the would have hurt his status
I think the battle between him and Cor was beneficial to both of them

If everyone did that we wouldn't get any battles. The problem is that these guys sit out, instead of taking the best look available. Name all the biggest names from the last 5 years, let's see how many of them turned up their nose at opportunities to build their stock because their opponent was beneath them. Daylyt even took Mike P for christ sakes.

Meanwhile guys like Ty Law only want to battle certain people and haven't progressed in four years.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he got no showed twice
how he too selective???

Nygga, Norbes has tried to get this nygga more battles but he has declined. He's openly talked about this on TWR. The fukk are you talking about nygga?

You really believe Wavy couldn't battle as much as Top, Brizz, & Chess if he wanted to? He gets views when he chooses to battle.

He was never gonna battle Daylyt? What the fukk is you talking about?

Everyone in his class is working.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he got no showed twice
how he too selective???

WeGoHard is his home league. Plenty of opportunities to body someone in a one rounder to give your fans a show.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its url fault for Mr. Wavy thinking he can be as selective as a toptier or thinking he is one. They gave him a SM spot without putting in legit work.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nygga, Norbes has tried to get this nygga more battles but he has declined. He's openly talked about this on TWR. The fukk are you talking about nygga?

You really believe Wavy couldn't battle as much as Top, Brizz, & Chess if he wanted to? He gets views when he chooses to battle.

He was never gonna battle Daylyt? What the fukk is you talking about?

Everyone in his class is working.
the other no show was qleen my bad
I dont believe he constantly turns down battles when
he hasnt touched the URL stage in 2yrs
so u think he intentionally chose not to battle for that long?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If everyone did that we wouldn't get any battles. The problem is that these guys sit out, instead of taking the best look available. Name all the biggest names from the last 5 years, let's see how many of them turned up their nose at opportunities to build their stock because their opponent was beneath them. Daylyt even took Mike P for christ sakes.

Meanwhile guys like Ty Law only want to battle certain people and haven't progressed in four years.
choosing the best from what is available thats exactly what u wrote
but u always said that is the definition of cherry picking

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the other no show was qleen my bad
I dont believe he constantly turns down battles when
he hasnt touched the URL stage in 2yrs
so u think he intentionally chose not to battle for that long?

Of course he does.

I listen to interviews and podcasts, so this information is out there.

It's not the URL's idea to have him battle once a year. He's finally decided you know what, Ill didn't show up, let me get on the next available card as opposed to waiting another year.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I mean there's really nothing wrong with what he's saying. But actually most people are like this than not. Most people in America love violence

:yeshrug: kinda true
just like Tech 9 talking about the :sitdown: bars in that Roc vs Ars battle
let ur mom watch that battle and see what she thinks :pachaha:

Sorry but you both are giving these excuses for someone who feeds the fanbase this form of entertainment. Talent or not, doesnt matter. If he wanted to, he could switch it up and give an alternate form of content in battle rap. But he won't because that's not his style and what he lives by or what his experience has been. What you both are saying would make much more sense if he wasn't a fan and a battler himself but it contradictory to a good degree.

Aint no excusing this. Tell us how you really feel, K:snoop:

Looks like it's up to Ave to put on for Norfolk :mjgrin:

I mean, if he's not feeling it, he shouldn't do it. I don't get it.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Sorry but you both are giving these excuses for someone who feeds the fanbase this form of entertainment. Talent or not, doesnt matter. If he wanted to, he could switch it up and give an alternate form of content in battle rap. But he won't because that's not his style and what he lives by or what his experience has been. What you both are saying would make much more sense if he wasn't a fan and a battler himself but it contradictory to a good degree.

I mean, if he's not feeling it, he shouldn't do it. I don't get it.
Y'all use the word "excuse" too much and wrong far too often. An excuse would mean I'm coming up with something to lessen his guilt in his sentiment. It's not an excuse, I fukking agree with him nikka lol.

You do realize you can be contradictory and still be right about something right?

If I tell you selling drugs is wrong and I sell drugs, selling drugs is still wrong. Regardless if I'm selling them or not.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Y'all use the word "excuse" too much and wrong far too often. An excuse would mean I'm coming up with something to lessen his guilt in his sentiment. It's not an excuse, I fukking agree with him nikka lol.

You do realize you can be contradictory and still be right about something right?

If I tell you selling drugs is wrong and I sell drugs, selling drugs is still wrong. Regardless if I'm selling them or not.

fukk that. I will use "ya'll" however the fukk I feel. Merry Christmas, "y'all". LMAO.

No it is excuse a cot damn excuse. You really giving him a pass to shyt where he eats? Are you really doing this? C'mon man......
My point is why do it if you criticize the fanbase you perform to? I do realize you can be contradictive and right. But considering how much he has done in this shyt and also continued to battle, for him to say this sounds like he doesn't want to even battle.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
fukk that. I will use "ya'll" however the fukk I feel. Merry Christmas, "y'all". LMAO.

No it is excuse a cot damn excuse. You really giving him a pass to shyt where he eats? Are you really doing this? C'mon man......
My point is why do it if you criticize the fanbase you perform to? I do realize you can be contradictive and right. But considering how much he has done in this shyt and also continued to battle, for him to say this sounds like he doesn't want to even battle.
Are you slow bro? My problem with .....never mind. Merry Christmas bro. lol

He's right. That's it. Be good man, continue with your fake outrage.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Thing is, Bigg K might not necessarily be wrong in what he's saying...but how does it help you to shyt-talk fans when you're not exactly in the best position to?