Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon: nygga what
he shouldnt have to do a pg at this point
he has three solid battles with vets Day/Cor/Danny
he shouldnt take a PG battle
Saga battle makes sense because of styles and the fans want it
Saga resume isnt even as good as B-dots

Blah. Trez and Rum Nitty had a better argument for coming in vs a more experienced guy than B. Dot. But instead of cherry picking, they proved themselves on URL and they are hot now.
The sooner he gets with the program the better off he will be.

And I'm not hating because I see B Dot improving his craft, you can see him coming into his own vs Cortez.

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Blah. Trez and Rum Nitty had a better argument for coming in vs a more experienced guy than B. Dot. But instead of cherry picking, they proved themselves on URL and they are hot now.

And I'm not hating because I see B Dot improving his craft, you can see him coming into his own vs Cortez.
cherry picking :comeon:
you can only get a certain status of opponents based off ur resume
he is not gonna get a tay roc battle cuz he wants one
I respect his grind more than people that rely solely on smack and get stuck in contracts
he is building himself up with the help of his home league
basically he is taking the rum nitty route
you have a slave mentality
why limit urself to be a slave to smack instead of building ur own brand and creating ur own worth

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Rell is cool. But let's not act like he hasn't been bodied twice. Glue Eazy 30d him and Suge 30'd him in a 1 rounder :mjlol:

Suge made that nikka flinch so hard it looked like Rell we having a seizure :mjlol:

Rells pretty smart. He knew he was about to slip n slide into the Xcel Lane and got a gimmick.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect his grind more than people that rely solely on smack and get stuck in contracts
why limit urself to be a slave to smack instead of building ur own brand and creating ur own worth

Educated people need to stop using slave metaphors for business contracts. Most good business comes with a contract. It's up to his team to negotiate the best terms.
If you're hyped about B. Dot's independent status, then stop talking about him battling MCs who are under URL contract. It won't happen.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Nah... I think @Mook is right here. I still don't know if B-Dot is a real battler. If you like what he's doing, and look at him in a special light then cool. But the battle rap game is much bigger than him, don't get mad that he is subject to the same rules as everyone else.

We've given every damn person in battle rap ever a hard time for cherry picking opponents... but this guy comes out of nowhere and it's "He only should take match-ups that make sense". Nah, he should be able to battle anyone whose profile is on the same level as he is.

Did I miss something? Did his presence pack out the Bunker? How many of y'all bought the KOTD PPV?

But how many battles do we see that make zero sense. DNA vs Tay Roc :beli:

Tay Roc vs Charron :beli:
A lot of these battles are thrown together just for the bag and not for the actual matchup

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where do you work?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But how many battles do we see that make zero sense. DNA vs Tay Roc :beli:

Tay Roc vs Charron :beli:
A lot of these battles are thrown together just for the bag and not for the actual matchup

So now you're cherry picking bad matchups to support a cherry picker.
As Battle Truth would say "You proving my point".

I like how you picked 3 guys who busted their azz and battled anyone and everyone to prove themselves. Those guys are all more than 6 years in, have accomplished way more than B Dot, and NEVER cherry picked.
Right now I'm more interested in B Dot's battles than Charron & DNA, but it's not difficult to understand why the rules don't change for B Dot.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
So now you're cherry picking bad matchups to support a cherry picker.
As Battle Truth would say "You proving my point".

I like how you picked 3 guys who busted their azz and battled anyone and everyone to prove themselves. Those guys are all more than 6 years in, have accomplished way more than B Dot, and NEVER cherry picked.
Right now I'm more interested in B Dot's battles than Charron & DNA, but it's not difficult to understand why the rules don't change for B Dot.
This nikka actually quoted Battle Truth

:dead:

I'm not cherry picking, I'm stating real facts

Do you agree or disagree that over the years, we have seen match ups in battle rap that made zero sense. :lupe:

Do you need me to list 10 battles that didn't make sense? :usure:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Educated people need to stop using slave metaphors for business contracts. Most good business comes with a contract. It's up to his team to negotiate the best terms.
If you're hyped about B. Dot's independent status, then stop talking about him battling MCs who are under URL contract. It won't happen.
he can easily battle someone under a URL contract as long as its on URL
Im not saying there is anything wrong with a contract
if it makes sense for u a contract makes sense for u
but in his position after establishing himself with out smack it doesnt make sense
U saying "get with the program" u dont have to go that route at all
that route has ruined careers look at nyggas like Wavy

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

cherry picking implies that someone called him out and he is avoiding them
Who called him out that he is ducking ...... nobody
Ave n Nitty havent mentioned his name as someone they wanted to battle from my knowledge
If otherwise correct me if I wrong