Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London

that trinity line
wH4R_T.gif

he should have saved that

That woulda been a crazy haymaker :whew:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimz stays getting some of the best looks in battle rap. Yeah he's a character that sells the battle, but he's a very poor battler, mediocre at his best.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
I've been going back to some of the battles BattleTruth reviewed and looked at who he said won

And he low key be right lol

Btw, Roc 3-0'd Brizz

This is one of those opinions that I can't even stretch to understand. But hey, cook meals.

That Roc-Brizz battle was horrible watching it the first time I seem to remember..wasn't that when they were gasping for air...correct me if I have the wrong battle.
Yep, this is the one. I had the same memory of it. And while they are still gasping pretty bad, I didn't remember Brizz's third being so potent.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ty Law needs a home.

I think he should be on Black Ice, which would be the perfect home for him. I would also like to see him on RBE.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Ave does nothing for me. I'm the only one on the BZ that feels that way. He's so herky jerky the way he delivers his material. I also like a little more diversity in writing
I think Ave is dope, but somehow I do understand where you're coming from. His delivery is some version of predictable and his bars are just bar after bar after bar. The barfest dudes work for me, but I can see where certain types of battlerap fans would want things to sew together and present a consistent type of "story" or general point.

edit: Not a Ty Law fan at all at this point. The few things he's done have left me shrugging. Maybe it's the rust.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Ave does nothing for me. I'm the only one on the BZ that feels that way. He's so herky jerky the way he delivers his material. I also like a little more diversity in writing
As dope as Ave is to me I completely understand

Those bar after bar nikkas get super repetitive after three rounds of it. Ave is in my top 5 but I could see a lot of people getting bored with his style sooner than later.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

But you want to see mush mouth Prep vs Chef Trez???? You wilding right now bro. Ave is that nikka.. just accept for what it is.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
As dope as Ave is to me I completely understand

Those bar after bar nikkas get super repetitive after three rounds of it. Ave is in my top 5 but I could see a lot of people getting bored with his style sooner than later.
Ave def gonna run into a road block and nikkas gonna turn on him, punchers got shortened lifespans