Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps
So that has to be part of the reason why they are in the mix with this UDUBB event. They are considering doing more PPV.

5 year deals? Yikes. I guess I can see 4 though, 2 years of getting a guy mainstage ready, and another 2 of them doing big events.

5 years is a majority of some battlers' careers. he's banking on everyone that signs to have a DNA (cringe) type of longevity.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just watched that Prep v Spanish Harlem, man Prep was beastly. That nikka Drugz at the end in his feelings :umad:

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Yall dumb as hell if yall think Trez can beat RD. Period. And I don't even like Real Deal. FOH Trez is garbage.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
It wasn't even impromptu, Prep just didn't prepare. I thought Spanish Harlem did okay, but some of the freestyles Prep was coming up with were insane.
I felt like I was watching a dunk contest when Prep was rapping. All his freestyling kinda hurt the flow of the battle, but that round may have been the best representation of why URL is still trying to push Prep. There was one freestyle segment in particular where it dragged on and I was thinking "SMH he's gassed, what a d!ckhead he played himself badly" then he landed a RIDICULOUS haymaker.

Dude may still have a bright future in battling, I could see him as a newer version of Serius Jones. Vocal clarity will always be a struggle for him though.

"My ace'll put Drugz over Harlem like paid n full"

Jeezus Prep is mean with the off top freestyles :scust:
Prep was wylin on that nikka :whoo:

This was a nasty 3-0 one rounder :damn:

Jeezus Christ :damn:

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:manny:
A prepared Qleen is amazing. At this point I can't go too hard with the integrity angles because these leagues don't really have any.
I'd give Qleen a one way ticket with insurance, fly him out two days in advance, and send someone with him to shadow him up until the battle. When he steps off stage, he can get his second half & plane ticket home.

I know he could still end up playing me out somehow :mjcry:, but at the end of the day we don't have that many talents of his caliber.
I wouldn't give Qleen a DIME before he actually battled breh.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

URL blocked Chess vs Rad B :stopitslime:

I remember Chris, JayBlac and CAPS asking Norbes about that battle.
And his answer sounded kinda salty towards Smack, Beasley and Chico sayin.
"It wouldn't go down if it was up to me, but it's Busines with the higher ups" type shyt.

Well.. It seems they backtracked on they decision and blocked it

But it's cool for Roc to go ahead and battle Charron:francis:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
It wasn't even impromptu, Prep just didn't prepare. I thought Spanish Harlem did okay, but some of the freestyles Prep was coming up with were insane.
I felt like I was watching a dunk contest when Prep was rapping. All his freestyling kinda hurt the flow of the battle, but that round may have been the best representation of why URL is still trying to push Prep. There was one freestyle segment in particular where it dragged on and I was thinking "SMH he's gassed, what a d!ckhead he played himself badly" then he landed a RIDICULOUS haymaker.

Dude may still have a bright future in battling, I could see him as a newer version of Serius Jones. Vocal clarity will always be a struggle for him though.

"Back in junior high, I was barely passin my classes.
Which reminds me, I only C-average in Spanish"

:whew:

"First, it's the knife work..
It is outstanding..
It ain't fluent with the language, it go in and out Spanish"

nikka WHAT?! :damn:

"My Ace'll pull Drugz over Harlem like Paid In Full"
Prep caught a body :wow: