Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Yo @Ronnie Lott (and whoever else is West in here)... Just how severe is it when someone puts something on NHC? I thought the shyt was funny when Surf said it to Shine before the scuffle, but I'm starting to think from some other ventures that putting some on NHC is not a game.
:ohhh:

I thought neighborhood was a jersey set

Either way regardless of where you from if you bangin and put anything on the set it's serious, they bound to fukk you up if you dont go through with it

Yeah usually when nikkaz put somethin on their set or hood, it means whatever they're saying or about to do is 100. But NHC is a set/gang of Crips that originated in LA (I'm sure y'all cats know)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea i thought it was dope based on how absurd and unexpected it was :pachaha: even now when i hear the bar im like :mjgrin: outside of Danny only Craig Lamar/Dot/Twork can get away with saying wild shyt like that and still make it entertaining for me

Bars like that can only work when you're not taking yourself too seriously which is why danny could do it and jerry wess can't

Beans aren't vegetables though.

That's always ill because you see how everyone can get caught up in the moment to some extent. Or even say some shyt that they will totally disagree with at some point down the line. Like I feel like I made a post bigging up Jerry Wess at some point within the last year:scust:

Relax. Only one TBZ member was a fan of Wess.

@Delicious :dame:, swear to god you didn't say you'd be checking for Wess heavy and he had damn good bars.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
What part you don't understand clown?

nikka shutup.. I can post mad battles where Surf wasn't rapping the way he was in that trailer. Most nikka who really, really watch battle dont think Surf is nice. He looked like a completely different battler in that trailer.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
The best part about the trailer, and that's with what looks like two top performances, is that the crowd is actually letting these guys rap

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Beans aren't vegetables though.

Relax. Only one TBZ member was a fan of Wess.

@Delicious :dame:, swear to god you didn't say you'd be checking for Wess heavy and he had damn good bars.
Don't start this bullshyt with me. I'm not even a part of this Jerry Wess conversation yet you're trying to lay a trap to get a few coli smileys thrown your way because you "kept the files" (see: read a year old thread). I think I remember the exact post you're talking about, where I and Spud compared Wess's style (in that battle) to a version of Danny Myers. Probably about 9-10 months ago. Before that, I watched his battle with Gwitty (?) where he said

If it's about Dead Presidents, then it's a difference
I'll swing that 22 over your head like Richard Nixon
I aim it at his face, I'm tryna smoke something
Squeeze that 22, I'm tryna quote something

So since like Feb/March, I've said exactly nothing about Jerry Wess. There's a reason for that.

Take that shyt somewhere else.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after watching the Surf v Top trailer.... :patrice:
If there was a link to click where I could pay 2-3 bucks and watch it RIGHT NOW... I'd do it :francis:
PPV is bad tho
Top was running through nikkas on UFF
That shyt was like nba vs Junior varsity

:scust:
Top went like 38-0 in NC, then ran through everyone U DUBB had, then ran through the UFF PGs... he's an all time great.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't start this bullshyt with me. I'm not even a part of this Jerry Wess conversation yet you're trying to lay a trap to get a few coli smileys thrown your way because you "kept the files" (see: read a year old thread). I think I remember the exact post you're talking about, where I and Spud compared Wess's style (in that battle) to a version of Danny Myers. Probably about 9-10 months ago. Before that, I watched his battle with Gwitty (?) where he said

If it's about Dead Presidents, then it's a difference
I'll swing that 22 over your head like Richard Nixon
I aim it at his face, I'm tryna smoke something
Squeeze that 22, I'm tryna quote something

So since like Feb/March, I've said exactly nothing about Jerry Wess. There's a reason for that.

Take that shyt somewhere else.

It's just jokes :what: