Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This man said he'd outbar Lu on a track :wow: verb lost his damn mind, this the same nikka who clearly outbarred Hov on his debut verb...

It's funny to see a big shyt talker like Verb get backed into a corner. Verb is azz betting running off at the mouth to Lupe. But I guess he is in too deep to back down now.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe it's just me, but I think Perm has the skill level to match Mickey.

Perm is the type of guy that has to be pushed. He'll only do as much as he has to. He's very talented.

Mickey & Perm are friends. I think Danny & Mickey a year or two ago would have been more interesting, because these nyggas didn't care for each other. :mjlol:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Maybe it's just me, but I think Perm has the skill level to match Mickey.

Perm is the type of guy that has to be pushed. He'll only do as much as he has to. He's very talented.

Mickey & Perm are friends. I think Danny & Mickey a year or two ago would have been more interesting, because these nyggas didn't care for each other. :mjlol:
Mickey HATED that man :dead: didnt respect him on any level

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
It's funny to see a big shyt talker like Verb get backed into a corner. Verb is azz betting running off at the mouth to Lupe. But I guess he is in too deep to back down now.

Lupe won't battle Verb. Let's stop playing crazy. Lupe nor none of these industry nikkaz (except Budden) want any smoke with these battle rap nikkaz

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Reepah Rell vs Ave? :what:
That nikka litteraly rapped his heart out for 7minutes
Only for Suge to take that easy win in 3minutes.
TF he gon do with Ave BARKING at him:mjlol:
Like we ain't kept the file of the last time a nikka put that pressure on him :martin:
:ufdup: We seen you BEFORE the facepaint nikka :demonic:

He at the window like "awww SHYT, that's the shooter and the driver nikka"

"I'm well known in plenty hoods, I done bodied nikkaz from T Rex to skinny Goodz..... :mjlol:

I'm that brick city rida nikka
South ward mobster nikka
Pull up right beside a nikka
He out the window like..... Aww shyt
THATS THE SHOOTER AND THE DRIVER nikka:bustback: :damn: :bustback::bustback:

Where I'm from its survival and we gotta kill/
shyt hot,ain't no time to chill/
4 days, 4 murders, shyts all kind of real/
That's why I'm ridin, 1 chopper in a Bonneville,
shyt tinted with a temp tag, coke in a gym bag, 30 for a gram for em, put em in a zig zag"

TALK THAT shyt SUGE
:damn: :bustback::bustback:

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Mickey Factz vs Aye Verb would be :blessed:

Two of my favourite rappers going at it.

Ain't Mickey lose to the fat Danja Zone? How does he magically become a much better battle rapper without taking some warm up battles?

He didn't lose to Danja Zone though. I've watched that battle back several times and bar for bar, Mickey got that.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Mickey Factz vs Aye Verb would be :blessed:

Two of my favourite rappers going at it.

He didn't lose to Danja Zone though. I've watched that battle back several times and bar for bar, Mickey got that.
Way closer battle than people say. No one transitioned into battling better than Mickey.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Lupe won't battle Verb. Let's stop playing crazy. Lupe nor none of these industry nikkaz (except Budden) want any smoke with these battle rap nikkaz
Mickey battled and he's in the same circle as lu
Ab soul battled and he's in tha same circle as well

shyt ab souls transition mighta been cleaner than Mickey's i gotta go back and listen i do remember being impressed tho

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Way closer battle than people say. No one transitioned into battling better than Mickey.

He structured his round like a battle rapper would. Only thing he was missing was obvious haymakers.

As @T-K-G said, the only person who's done it just as good is Ab-Soul. Fair enough we only heard the audio but Soul was name flipping Daylyt better than a lot of actual battle rappers.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Verb said he would get at Lupe on a track. That's why I said Verb was backing himself into a corner. Lupe would pick him apart on a track.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No idea. im assuming he's been sparring behind the scenes but tha aint the same as battling for a crowd

nikkas like Mickey could easily win in a battler only crowd imo but that regular fan crowd a different beast

I don't even think he wins in a "battler only" crowd. Maybe a rappers only crowd gives him a better shot.
Mickey wins clearly in a street "cipher" type setting, with random onlookers. I like this new version of Verb, but the "Guardian Angels" guy is gone.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Let's not forget that Mickey turned his nose up to DNA and was chasing Big T around the time when he wanted to come back to battling. Danja Zone gave him trouble in a one rounder. In retrospect Mickey did ok, but dude was HEAVILY involved with Smack URL for at least a year and a half at that point. He knew how this new era battling shyt worked, and was expected to smoke Danja.