Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But y'all nikkas are gonna roast him over that end of the round tho when its something that's happened before with other battle rappers? I'm sayin'....its not like he choked in the middle of his round. I see what you mean by CAPS and Unbias defending him before speaking to him but, he did rap his ass off in that 2nd round and got off 95% of what he wanted to say. Plenty of battle rappers have done that. Leave out bars or get time called on them when they can't finish the end of their rounds.

Truth be told, B Dot, is a real cool dude. Very humble and knowledgeable.

I have B. Dot winning that round, so I'm not roasting him. The material he spit in that round is undeniable. But when the bloggers jump out there to say one thing, and the battler himself says another, it's clear that favoritism is shown.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lux vs Mook PTIII anybody ? :mjgrin:

Lux looks kinda pathetic with this move. At least we know that Mook only cares about the bag.
If it's not on URL or UDUBB it will be tough for me to find a reason to care. I hope they are both getting paid well.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:Mook-Lux 3

There should have never been a 2nd one.

I'm not gonna believe it's going down until I see a trailer. I know Lux has been wanting a third battle due to his dreadful performance in the 2nd one, but I'm still not convinced it's going down.

I was hoping Mook just go away now that a Surf battle doesn't make sense.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bout to give that Aye Verb mixtape thorough listen today. I did scan through it last night. A few songs stood out, but he still suffered from some generic production that plagues battle rappers.

It would be dope if he had production like Surf.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not true, humble nikkas that wanna do better take that criticism on the chin, most of these guys are mental midgets that's why they react that way
This is literally a sport where guys brag about how dope they are over and over and over again. You can't spend your whole life talking about your greatness and then expect them to be humble as well. :yeshrug:

In fact, the average low confidence person PERIOD isn't trying to hear about how terrible they're doing in life, particularly on a public forum. Hell, TBZ posters don't even like to hear about their posts being trash. :manny:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This is literally a sport where guys brag about how dope they are over and over and over again. You can't spend your whole life talking about your greatness and then expect them to be humble as well. :yeshrug:

In fact, the average low confidence person PERIOD isn't trying to hear about how terrible they're doing in life, particularly on a public forum. Hell, TBZ posters don't even like to hear about their posts being trash. :manny:
It isn't mandatory to rap about how dope you are, so it isnt a prerequisite to be arrogant in rap, there's alot of room to be humble but like you said even the average person cant handle being talked to like that

As far as posters not liking criticism it isnt the same, no one here studies "forum posting" so no opinion on it can be taken seriously

Caps studies battle rap so as a battler you have to somewhat respect it because you know it's constructive criticism, not just some random nikkas opinion. I wouldnt expect a battler to take rap criticism from Skip Bayless on the chin :manny:

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
Lux looks kinda pathetic with this move. At least we know that Mook only cares about the bag.
If it's not on URL or UDUBB it will be tough for me to find a reason to care. I hope they are both getting paid well.

I don't wanna see it myself, but who else at this point can we realistically expect to see Lux match up with in 2017?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't wanna see it myself, but who else at this point can we realistically expect to see Lux match up with in 2017?
honestly he needs to just step down from his pedestal and battle whoever :manny: assuming he wants to get back in the ring

waiting for another man to reach a certain level of popularity is just setting yourself up to be on the shelf for a long time, nobody to blame but himself

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

URL really treating Battlerap like the druggame.
Smack out here flooding the streets

you gotta sell as fast as possible when ya product weak as fukk, smack wants people to forget these past 2 trash battles

if this reception for this is bad expect another battle to drop out the blue

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
honestly he needs to just step down from his pedestal and battle whoever :manny: assuming he wants to get back in the ring

waiting for another man to reach a certain level of popularity is just setting yourself up to be on the shelf for a long time, nobody to blame but himself

It's why floyd fought maidana the second time and berto.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
that usin roc line was simple with little to no bulid up but still hit hard :mjgrin: im fukkin wit that shyt, top lookin comfortable as usual

surf shyt was cool too but wtf wrong wit his voice :dahell: all the bass gon out his shyt

as far as the beginning of the video, can we be honest for a sec and admit the promotion for battles peaked with rookies vs. vets/redemption and has gotten worse since? these nikkas abandoned a format that was wildly successful :why: we shoulda seen surf and t top in the studio talkin that shyt face to face before this