Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is there a reason we'll never see him? I dont know the backstory here.

There's no beef, it's just that his stand-up comedian style of battling won't work over here. A lot of URL fans dislike Serius Jones & Math, and they were among the first (Serius might be the first) notable battlers to incorporate stand-up comedy elements into written battle rap. So there's no way Caustic would go over well.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Most of Caustic's battles against high profile opponents were on short notice. He's really strong at freestyling and doing observational material, straight comedy ish. When he writes and prepares, he's actually pretty good but he rarely prepares even when he's got the time to. On the DBD show they've talked about his late prep for opponents on a bunch of occasions but the fact that he can prep enough material and freestyle enough to be alright on a day's notice is why he went on a win streak against high caliber opponents. URL wouldn't let him get away with it, so he doesn't fit at all.

Edit: Idk if it's been mentioned but Thesaurus is battling Aye Verb this weekend which I think will be epic if both cats show up (lookin' at Aye Verb). Saurus been crazy consistent for a while now with a W over the KOTD king and only clear loss to Fresco's best performance ever.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
There's no beef, it's just that his stand-up comedian style of battling won't work over here. A lot of URL fans dislike Serius Jones & Math, and they were among the first (Serius might be the first) notable battlers to incorporate stand-up comedy elements into written battle rap. So there's no way Caustic would go over well.

Most of Caustic's battles against high profile opponents were on short notice. He's really strong at freestyling and doing observational material, straight comedy ish. When he writes and prepares, he's actually pretty good but he rarely prepares even when he's got the time to. On the DBD show they've talked about his late prep for opponents on a bunch of occasions but the fact that he can prep enough material and freestyle enough to be alright on a day's notice is why he went on a win streak against high caliber opponents. URL wouldn't let him get away with it, so he doesn't fit at all.

Edit: Idk if it's been mentioned but Thesaurus is battling Aye Verb this weekend which I think will be epic if both cats show up (lookin' at Aye Verb). Saurus been crazy consistent for a while now with a W over the KOTD king and only clear loss to Fresco's best performance ever.

@wizworld and @storyteller you two know what I'm trying to say. Like there's all kinds of dudes in KOTD GZ that try to do what Caustic does but they don't have the formula down. And yeah, URL wouldn't even give it a thought. Let's just keep it real: most times URL fans won't give a portion of these KOTD guys a win because of a preference in style. Like Caustic vs. T-Rex. We really wanted to see T-Rex in general back on his shyt in some form; be it URL or not, just give us vintage Rex. On auto-pilot, URL fans will give Rex the win....recycled verse or not. Because of Caustic's style really; even with that "this its how its going to end" line he said to Rex (which was a funny ass haymaker in the 3rd), people won't give Caustic credit for anything because of his style. And let's not forget how he filled in last minute for Shotty Horroh TWICe against both Aye Verb and Arsonal and didn't stumble or fukk up.

Anyways, for those who want to check it out.
Go to 31:49. That's one of the reasons how Caustic got known in those circuits.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
"I'm a General in the war I'm always in the front ,
run in ya building if you want
I'm in the hallway with the pump
ready for him to put the key in the lock ,he hear the cock
now he walking that long road with G.O.D at the top
Murda ain't bashful either he OD with them SHOTS
he make it so his whole family can't see in his BOX
I go for the kill ,fukk an IV in the docs
look at his face,he thinkin why me ? in a shock
I dare you ,try rob me in the spot
we turn him Pacman ,all he start seeing is DOTS " DOT DOT... DOT DOT DOT

:banderas:
Are these the goat closing bars in a battle ?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@wizworld and @storyteller you two know what I'm trying to say. Like there's all kinds of dudes in KOTD GZ that try to do what Caustic does but they don't have the formula down. And yeah, URL wouldn't even give it a thought. Let's just keep it real: most times URL fans won't give a portion of these KOTD guys a win because of a preference in style. Like Caustic vs. T-Rex. We really wanted to see T-Rex in general back on his shyt in some form; be it URL or not, just give us vintage Rex. On auto-pilot, URL fans will give Rex the win....recycled verse or not. Because of Caustic's style really; even with that "this its how its going to end" line he said to Rex (which was a funny ass haymaker in the 3rd), people won't give Caustic credit for anything because of his style. And let's not forget how he filled in last minute for Shotty Horroh TWICe against both Aye Verb and Arsonal and didn't stumble or fukk up.

Anyways, for those who want to check it out.
Go to 31:49. That's one of the reasons how Caustic got known in those circuits.

Grindtime fans were doing this before URL came around, and continued to do it when KOTD started booking those "Ebony vs Ivory" matches. Go on battlerap.com twitter or look at the comments for those matches, it's always "White guy 2-1". Back in the GT era, they were trying to force DNA take battles against people that weren't anywhere near his level of entertainment value. Lush even wanted to blackball DNA & Cortez for no showing a Cali event at one point, before Smack URL popped off. They really wanted the NYC guys to be at the mercy of the "Fresh Coast". But everything has changed now. Look how many "Fresh Coast" battlers careers DIED when Grind Time folded. At least we can give Caustic credit for his competitive drive, he still kept growing as a battler when GT & all the "Fresh Coast" favoritism died. It was just Diz, Saurus and Caustic holding that torch, all the other dudes were either in and out, or just fell back completely. Caustic wins a lot of battles, but it's hard for me to enjoy what he does.

And I thought Rex beat him clearly... didn't Caustic say 25k was 6 months of minimum wage? Where is that? Didn't he say 25k was a "down payment" for a Toyota Camry? More like a "full payment". Didn't he have a freestyle about a chick passing out, and Rex rebuttaled him telling him it was a DUDE that passed out? Didn't he say "I just came hear to preach like Randy Watson"? Randy Watson was the Sexual Chocolate guy in Coming to America, not the preacher.
Yeah Rex started off the battle with a pretty terrible freestyle, but he got that one pretty handily (pun intended).

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone know why JC aint been on SMACK for years?

He wasn't offered match-ups he liked. Seriously.

*Beasley voice* Some of these guys will take a no-name for a few hundred on "Backyard Bob's Battlegrounds", but when I offer them the same money or better to take HIGHER profile opponent on URL, they feel insulted. On twitter crying like "Oh URL does bad business, I have 50 retweets saying they want to see me back on Smack, so my comeback should be against Surf or Lux". But when you search their name on youtube, their last battle was against "Slingshot Sammy". :francis:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Grindtime fans were doing this before URL came around, and continued to do it when KOTD started booking those "Ebony vs Ivory" matches. Go on battlerap.com twitter or look at the comments for those matches, it's always "White guy 2-1". Back in the GT era, they were trying to force DNA take battles against people that weren't anywhere near his level of entertainment value. Lush even wanted to blackball DNA & Cortez for no showing a Cali event at one point, before Smack URL popped off. They really wanted the NYC guys to be at the mercy of the "Fresh Coast". But everything has changed now. Look how many "Fresh Coast" battlers careers DIED when Grind Time folded. At least we can give Caustic credit for his competitive drive, he still kept growing as a battler when GT & all the "Fresh Coast" favoritism died. It was just Diz, Saurus and Caustic holding that torch, all the other dudes were either in and out, or just fell back completely. Caustic wins a lot of battles, but it's hard for me to enjoy what he does.

And I thought Rex beat him clearly... didn't Caustic say 25k was 6 months of minimum wage? Where is that? Didn't he say 25k was a "down payment" for a Toyota Camry? More like a "full payment". Didn't he have a freestyle about a chick passing out, and Rex rebuttaled him telling him it was a DUDE that passed out? Didn't he say "I just came hear to preach like Randy Watson"? Randy Watson was the Sexual Chocolate guy in Coming to America, not the preacher.
Yeah Rex started off the battle with a pretty terrible freestyle, but he got that one pretty handily (pun intended).

LMAO, that 25K line was good, too. I gave Caustic the win but you know how it is with these URL fans. Auto-pilot.
Yeah, I counted out GT since Caustic took off more when KOTD picked up the Fresh Coast. And you're right about all that happened.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO, that 25K line was good, too. I gave Caustic the win but you know how it is with these URL fans. Auto-pilot.
Yeah, I counted out GT since Caustic took off more when KOTD picked up the Fresh Coast. And you're right about all that happened.

Not to belabor this Caustic thing, but how are either of the 25k lines good? Both of them are factually incorrect lol. A Camry costs less than 25k, so how is that a "down payment"? And where in the world does 6 months of minimum wage work = 25k? You can't really come at URL fans in this instance when you're giving Caustic credit for lines that don't even make sense. Not like Caustic was all corny though, the "shirt so medium you could talk to the dead" & "Sign of Cancer/cancer" lines were hilarious.

I guess overall I don't dig the "you have to come over here and battle on our terms" thing, when a big name battler goes to a smaller league. How ridiculous would it be to book The Saurus for a "WeGoHard" battle, and expect him to rap in THEIR style in order to win? That's what the KOTD fans expect of the URL battlers, and it's pretty silly.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caustic is trash by any leagues standards. Soul Khan was way better at roasting.

Caustics best battle was against Diz.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not to belabor this Caustic thing, but how are either of the 25k lines good? Both of them are factually incorrect lol. A Camry costs less than 25k, so how is that a "down payment"? And where in the world does 6 months of minimum wage work = 25k? You can't really come at URL fans in this instance when you're giving Caustic credit for lines that don't even make sense. Not like Caustic was all corny though, the "shirt so medium you could talk to the dead" & "Sign of Cancer/cancer" lines were hilarious.

I guess overall I don't dig the "you have to come over here and battle on our terms" thing, when a big name battler goes to a smaller league. How ridiculous would it be to book The Saurus for a "WeGoHard" battle, and expect him to rap in THEIR style in order to win? That's what the KOTD fans expect of the URL battlers, and it's pretty silly.
That's purely inferiority complex shyt.

It's no different than when a good basketball team gets a great/superstar player in free agency but players on the team are mad they have to adjust to him instead of him adjusting to them. They're just hurt because their profile isn't as high, and they don't have the humility to accept it and utilize it.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
15289233_10154805840134114_7469391262541345131_o.jpg

Chris Petty stole his trust :lolbron:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn you can't do ANYTHING battle rap related without John John stealing your whole experience.

Here is Lush One airing out Chris Petty in 2009 for a battle rap business partnership gone wrong. Not a good song, but it's documented proof that battle rap leagues have been snaked by Chris Petty already.

Now in 2015 T.O.D.D. partnered up with Chris Petty to do battle rap business, and by late 2016 he's...