Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sunday Session w/ Battle Truth

55:00 this nikka BattleTruth really don't know WTF he talkin bout with contracts :snoop:
It gets worse

1:03:20 - Smack is the most respected what you talkin bout - Caps:what:
Now, GrindTime was doin they thing before Smack was getting big - BT

nikka?!?! :what:
Cotdamn this nikka don't know wtf he talkin bout.

Wrong, GrindTime started in the middle cause Smack started FIRST and GrindTime came in when Smack left in the FightKlub era. - Caps

But that's exactly what we talkin bout. We not talkin bout the dvd era. - BT
You can't do that, we're talkin bout Smack overall you can't just say URL era - Caps

Naah, you can't do that cause you talkin bout a nikka hustling and getting paper off DVDs that's not a era, that's a hustle - BT

nikka?!?!?! :what:

You can't just say that, everybody remembers that era. We were all out there waiting for the battles to drop. - Caps
But that's not a era that's a hustle - BT :skip:
Smack is the one that got shyt poppin so that's a era - Caps

Why Mook sayin he didn't get a dime off them dvds, that's not a era that's hustlin - BT
:skip:

What that got to do with that being an era :dead:

That's just Smack not PAYIN, that ain't got nothing to do with it not being an era - Caps

BattleTruth just be rambling with no real indepth knowledge of the culture.
:rudy:

Dude is funny. I've heard a lot of those weird anti-contract arguments on here, but thankfully people have stopped that nonsense. You allow the battlers to just do whatever they want, battle rap will self destruct. And his whole idea of how a label works is really outdated.
The problem is WHEN the contracts started. It pretty much started with Smack's weakest class of talent. On top of that, they were struggling to throw more than 5 events a year. They didn't have enough opportunities for these dudes. Now it seems like all that is being fixed, and we have some new up and coming stars.
If Smack (and now KOTD) wasn't focused on building new talent, and giving hungry veterans a second chance, the fans would be screwed.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
who is this Battle Truth dude?

I'm listening to his interview with AFR right now and this nikka Battle Rap Truth is an idiot :mjlol:

Caps and Tony Bro are makin this nikka sound silly as fukk :mjlol:

He didn't even know Smack started before Grind Time :mjlol:

This nikka is alll over the place :dead:

He's doin all these straw man arguments and filibustering non stop :dead:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Sunday Session w/ Battle Truth

55:00 this nikka BattleTruth really don't know WTF he talkin bout with contracts :snoop:
It gets worse

1:03:20 - Smack is the most respected what you talkin bout - Caps:what:
Now, GrindTime was doin they thing before Smack was getting big - BT

nikka?!?! :what:
Cotdamn this nikka don't know wtf he talkin bout.

Wrong, GrindTime started in the middle cause Smack started FIRST and GrindTime came in when Smack left in the FightKlub era. - Caps

But that's exactly what we talkin bout. We not talkin bout the dvd era. - BT
You can't do that, we're talkin bout Smack overall you can't just say URL era - Caps

Naah, you can't do that cause you talkin bout a nikka hustling and getting paper off DVDs that's not a era, that's a hustle - BT

nikka?!?!?! :what:

You can't just say that, everybody remembers that era. We were all out there waiting for the battles to drop. - Caps
But that's not a era that's a hustle - BT :skip:
Smack is the one that got shyt poppin so that's a era - Caps

Why Mook sayin he didn't get a dime off them dvds, that's not a era that's hustlin - BT
:skip:

What that got to do with that being an era :dead:

That's just Smack not PAYIN, that ain't got nothing to do with it not being an era - Caps

BattleTruth just be rambling with no real indepth knowledge of the culture.
:rudy:

How many times did this nikka BT say "you guys are proving my point" :damn:

Tony Bro "I'm not proving your point fam" :beli:

BT "What I'm trying to say is, Smack has 600k subscribers" :laff:

This nikka sounds like my drunk uncle trying to talk about Battle Rap :dead:

And he keeps on calling KOTD "KOD" :dead:

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps

had to go back & checked this mess out. in a 40 minute window, they only agreed with dude like twice...

Battle rap's Tomi Lohren, brehs

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah I'm fukking with him, this dude is hilarious :mjlol:

100% delivery, NO BARS. He has an interesting perspective, but very little to validate his opinions.

"YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT"

Dude tried to pull the diversity card :russ:

He thinks "Illmatic" (Illmac) is corny and inauthentic, then a half hour later he campaigns for more white people on Smack :lolbron:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Battle Truth makes a good point every 5 sentences and the other 4 will have you with the :francis: face. He's funny though

I wasn't feeling the way Tone Bro was condescending towards him though. Maybe it's because I respect my elders but I don't know, rubbed me the wrong way.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Battle Truth makes a good point every 5 sentences and the other 4 will have you with the :francis: face. He's funny though

I wasn't feeling the way Tone Bro was condescending towards him though. Maybe it's because I respect my elders but I don't know, rubbed me the wrong way.
I understood Tony Bro's approach to be honest.
Respect ur elders, but know when to
go-away.gif

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Battle Truth is dumb as shyt.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Nah man, I know you respect the old heads (I do too)!but I felt Tony Bro. He was like "this nikka BT is fulla shyt and he's not knowledgeable at all" :beli:

Tony Bro knows his battle rap shyt, so to bring on suck a blabbering idiot who lacks history and perspective to a show like AFR isn't a good look :francis:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nah man, I know you respect the old heads (I do too)!but I felt Tony Bro. He was like "this nikka BT is fulla shyt and he's not knowledgeable at all" :beli:

Tony Bro knows his battle rap shyt, so to bring on suck a blabbering idiot who lacks history and perspective to a show like AFR isn't a good look :francis:
I wouldn't say he doesn't know shyt, he's not really an idiot but he constantly convoluted his arguments so it was hard to make sense of some of the shyt. Like some times he has a point then it's like "nikka but you just said...."