Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Battle Truth got that lisp, man. That really is hurting my ears when I watch his blog some what. BUT I agree with him about Aye Verb vs. K-Shine. Shine won but definitely rewatched Verb's 1st a few times for the comedic factor.

He gets the :what: for saying Illmaculate and Caustic (I know I know, shut up) are bums though as well.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battle Truth got that lisp, man. That really is hurting my ears when I watch his blog some what. BUT I agree with him about Aye Verb vs. K-Shine. Shine won but definitely rewatched Verb's 1st a few times for the comedic factor.

He gets the :what: for saying Illmaculate and Caustic (I know I know, shut up) are bums though as well.

Illmac is legit. Caustic is indeed a bum

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can Lux ever top his Grey Hoody Performance, Hunger etc??What do yall think Lux has to improve on for his next battle..

The Lux that battled Clips is my favorite version of Lux. It was a good mix of Grey Hoodia and Summer Madness Lux. Unfortunately the shenanigans from both sides overshadowed Lux performance . He was digging into Clips very existence

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battle Truth clearly was in prison when battle rap was popping. He's just coming in trying to figure out why Smack doesn't do XYZ which we all know is because the culture grew too much too soon after SM2.

Reference the Surf/Daylyt video. SM2 should have been the beginning of the contract era but instead it slowly birthed the "bag" era which destroyed a lot of brands and ultimately forced the Born Legacy contract era.

But Truth wouldn't know this because he was locked.

Ardamus

Daps
FOH Caustic has only ruined his own career by being complete TRASH.

nikka you get FOH. You don't know why Caustic is actually popular on KOTD or Don't Flop, do you? Watch him vs Q Shinobi and him vs Jefferson Price. He isn't on the SMACK URL platform and we won't ever see him on there ever. And he doesn't need it. The worst he has ever done was against Cortez but that battle wasn't good anyway.

Last edited:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka you get FOH. You don't know why Caustic is actually popular on KOTD or Don't Flop, do you? Watch him vs Q Shinobi and him vs Jefferson Price. He isn't on the SMACK URL platform and we won't ever see him on there ever. And he doesn't need it. The worst he has ever done was against Cortez but that battle wasn't good anyway.

Is there a reason we'll never see him? I dont know the backstory here.

Ardamus

Daps
Is there a reason we'll never see him? I dont know the backstory here.

Apparently, it was a while ago.....Caustic mentioned that he is cool with Norbes from what I recall on the DBD show that comes on the Counter Productive channel. This is back when Dirtbag Dan got his show off the ground and they used to have Caddy Ron on it every once in a while. I don't think it was ever a convo for him to be on there for a PG or a battle but I know he knows Norbes at the very least and they've shared an association. Plus I just meant from a skill level since Caustic either does one or two things mostly (1) use jokes or (2) use personals. And his delivery, I can admit, is not for everyone. Guess the fact he reminds me of Jeff Ross is why I fux with him.