Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
nikka Tay Roc is the #1 top tier battler.. Fuk outta here.
This seems wild weird coming from you, considering how you have allergic reactions to nikkas with subpar pens. Def shows me how different fans can be.

:salute: to TBZ for being able to survive and still have half-decent conversation.

also, you should know that you and @FreshAIG have a near similar opinion on Tay Roc

..maybe this is the beginning of a new friendship?:mjcry:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Jai actually decided to turn up and didn't do his normal trash ass delivery :ohhh:

Jai 400 has always had bars and the presence for that real street shyt. He's just lacked delivery and voice projection. It looks like he's improved on those :ehh:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heads up brehs, High Stakes 2 is available for pre-order on RapGrid for $20

The good news is they list it as a LIVE ppv stream and not VOD

:blessed:

Once the card is finalized I am sure they will raise the price to $30 or more. Might as well buy now.

Gonna stream it on big screen TV using Laptop + HDMI cord :myman:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

BRUH :dead: "it aint a classic if i aint there :birdman:"

*when talkin about other leagues*

Smack: they doin what they gotta do so......coodles

Flip: :dahell: Kudos* not coodles

Smack: coodles, kudos, whatever the fukk it is

:laff: nah man being around smack gotta be laughs all day, imagine him and rick ross havin a convo :wow:

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
He's been in the music industry for a long time and his cousin is Web. If you know who that is...then yeah. That's why nobody really violate Flip like that.

"Call Web and then call Nitty, Queens nikkas in all hoodies
Kidnap and then rob nikkas" - Nicki Minaj

"You screaming Web and Nitty names so you don't get shot" - Joe Budden
I aint say nothin him being violated at all :jbhmm: no idea why you thought that had to do with anything i asked

So basically he's been in the industry for a while :manny: aight i guess

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ransom talked about Web And Nitty on one of his Joe Budden diss tracks... Somebody Gonna Die Tonight I think.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
This seems wild weird coming from you, considering how you have allergic reactions to nikkas with subpar pens. Def shows me how different fans can be.

:salute: to TBZ for being able to survive and still have half-decent conversation.

also, you should know that you and @FreshAIG have a near similar opinion on Tay Roc

..maybe this is the beginning of a new friendship?
:mjcry:

I know.. You still can't put mods on ignore.. Which is crazy.

As far as Roc goes.. Yea he doesnt have a Nitty level pen game, but his punches still hit hard. You don't have to be super lyrical to bring dope bars.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BRUH :dead: "it aint a classic if i aint there :birdman:"

*when talkin about other leagues*

Smack: they doin what they gotta do so......coodles

Flip: :dahell: Kudos* not coodles

Smack: coodles, kudos, whatever the fukk it is

:laff: nah man being around smack gotta be laughs all day, imagine him and rick ross havin a convo :wow:

Mr Underdig and Mr. Coodles Nahmean in the same room? COMEDY GOLD :mjlol:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Ness style definitely IS dated in my view. That said, not necessarily a bad thing. He's a throwback, plenty of fans fukk with that.

I think his lane is small room RBE/ bunker type joints. Not sure how well it would work on a big stage/ with Summer Madness type crowds, even if bars were on point

To me Ness has a place in today's battle rap scene, just a bit of an acquired taste

And see that's the thing. He's never elevated his sound or craft. He's stuck in a time zone. Most battlers who came up in the early 2000s who are in the game now have evolved. He's shown no growth and hasn't adjusted to the times.

I don't know how but the nikka just somehow transcended into becoming entertaining and hilarious with that shyt, too. The last battle he had where nikkas took him serious was probably Iron Solomon. And that DNA battle gave him a terrible rep. he came back and just became entertaining more so. Like Tech 9 vs. Midwest Miles entertaining (not completely but the comedic factor is there).