Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nitty as in Ty Nitty from Infamous Mobb? I knew that name sounded familiar...
Lol no completely different Nitty.

Ty Nitty is a rapper, Mobb Deep Affiliate.

Nitty is a GANGSTER. Him and Web are big time D-Boys from Queens that started doing music management. Ran on Top Entertainment, managed Joe Budden and was with Clue and Desert Storm.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Ness style definitely IS dated in my view. That said, not necessarily a bad thing. He's a throwback, plenty of fans fukk with that.

I think his lane is small room RBE/ bunker type joints. Not sure how well it would work on a big stage/ with Summer Madness type crowds, even if bars were on point

To me Ness has a place in today's battle rap scene, just a bit of an acquired taste

And see that's the thing. He's never elevated his sound or craft. He's stuck in a time zone. Most battlers who came up in the early 2000s who are in the game now have evolved. He's shown no growth and hasn't adjusted to the times.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I was so glad when Goodz and Clips showed him how roasting should be done. They made Queenzflip look pathetic :mjlol:

I know Flip cried in the car :to:

Flip isn't funny at all. There's only so many times he can say "I'm from queens" or "nikka you stink"

:beli:

Jayblac has far more personality and wit. This was clearly demonstrated at Nome with their pseudo "battle" Flip had a very hard time up there :francis:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And see that's the thing. He's never elevated his sound or craft. He's stuck in a time zone. Most battlers who came up in the early 2000s who are in the game now have evolved. He's shown no growth and hasn't adjusted to the times.
Adjusted to what? Every rhyme being a gun bar?