Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look ay the W=L records on major platforms plus their opponents. Stop the narratives and go to the game tapes. I hate you all and these narratives sometimes.

Arsonal | Battle Rapper Profile | VerseTracker

Cortez | Battle Rapper Profile | VerseTracker

Are you basing you basing your opinon off those 2 being equally consistent why they should be battler of the year??...Consistency is great but if you create no memorable "individual" performance where the general consensus at least online is "yeah he definitively is that nygga right now!" who cares

:yeshrug:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Are you basing you basing your opinon off those 2 being equally consistent why they should be battler of the year??...Consistency is great but if you create no memorable "individual" performance where the general consensus at least online is "yeah he definitively is that nygga right now!" who cares

:yeshrug:
Facts. MVP doesnt automatically go to the player on the team with the best record, it goes to the player who's having the best individual year regardless of w-l ratio

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I don't think I've been watching close enough for Ars or Cortez to understand why you have them at that level. What are some of the battles you're going from? I might rewatch/watch em to see how I weigh in.

Right now, I can't fault anyone voting Ave or Nitty. Nitty's rise might be a "narrative," but that don't got shyt to do with how next-level his bars have been and how well his delivery complemented them. I would have a tough time deciding between Ave and Nitty. I'll watch these last two battles from each to make a call, but for some reason, I'm already leaning towards Ave.

Roc doesn't get my vote. His bars are entirely too thin for me to overlook and he has too many of those bars that have that "dumb nikka trying to sound creative," cringeworthy feel.

I've been saying this for years, yet nikkaz kept calling me a hater or I'm crazy :francis:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Over Hollow tho? :patrice:
I think Hollow is vastly overrated. He's one of those guys that okay-good at everything, but he's not exceptional at any one thing. Bars are good, not mindblowing. Angles are probably what he's best at, but even those can be done a little sloppily. Rebuttals are good, but there's a bunch of people good at that now. Aggression is cool, but comes off kinda corny at times too. Plus most of his battles aren't really all that. His Lux battle and Pass battle are classic. His performance vs. Big T was great. Other than that, I don't really go back to Hollow battles. They lack replay value. Plus he has a tendency to say cringeworthy lines, with an annoying voice.

He's good but I dunno. Overrated to me.