Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
How is that outlandish??? It's already being considered the best MK bar of this year. And one of the best (MK bars) ever. Saying it's bar of the year can't be that far of a stretch right? Other than that.....TALK. THAT. shyt. TALK TO THESE nikkaS MAN!!!!! FACTS!!!!

You gotta shut the fukk up sometimes breh.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We all agree the battler of the year is between Ave, Nitty, Cortez, Roc, and Ars right?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I pray for the day that E Ness retires and no one on this board ever speaks of his name agin. He maybe THE worst nikka in battle rap right now.

I'm not joking or trolling when I say I'd rather watch a battle from Full Circle, O Solo, Rone, Bender, Fresco, or any other low to middle tier battle rapper on an off brand league.

E Ness epitomizes the definition of sounding dated, out of touch and overall just being a trashy bum ass nikka. Get this nikka the fukk outta battle rap :camby:

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
How do you give Lux his price and get that money back in STL?
It would have to be PPV. Unless they do High Stakes 3 out there or something, I don't see it happening.

How did Lux, Hollow and now Hitman and Suge get their bread from big battles. These leagues can make it happen

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I pray for the day that E Ness retires and no one on this board ever speaks of his name agin. He maybe THE worst nikka in battle rap right now.

I'm not joking or trolling when I say I'd rather watch a battle from Full Circle, O Solo, Rone, Bender, Fresco, or any other low to middle tear battle rapper on an off brand league.

E Ness epitomizes the definition of sounding dated, out of touch and overall just being a trashy bum ass nikka. Get this nikka the fukk outta battle rap :camby:
Everytime e Ness spits the g dep special delivery beat cones into my head lol

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did Lux, Hollow and now Hitman and Suge get their bread from big battles. These leagues can make it happen

Hitman & Suge together might be less than what Lux cost.
We will see what happens, but how many quality PPV events have we gotten with expensive, big name battlers?

High Stakes
NOME 5
Summer Madness 5 (High quality visually)
Massacre 2

Is URL going to do a major event in St. Louis and PPV it? NO. They aren't going to book Hitman, Magic or Ill, so no reason to go out there.

Is Nikiya (KOTD) going to do it? NO. Doesn't make sense for him, or his brand.

Maybe UDUBB & Hitman collaborate on getting this done, if there's enough interest.

If anyone else tries to do it, it will be trash.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cortez shyt the bed against Ars...stop it..
Tay Roc is the gas machine but showed up against Ars

Ave is that guy though...

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
We all agree the battler of the year is between Ave, Nitty, Cortez, Roc, and Ars right?
I don't think I've been watching close enough for Ars or Cortez to understand why you have them at that level. What are some of the battles you're going from? I might rewatch/watch em to see how I weigh in.

Right now, I can't fault anyone voting Ave or Nitty. Nitty's rise might be a "narrative," but that don't got shyt to do with how next-level his bars have been and how well his delivery complemented them. I would have a tough time deciding between Ave and Nitty. I'll watch these last two battles from each to make a call, but for some reason, I'm already leaning towards Ave.

Roc doesn't get my vote. His bars are entirely too thin for me to overlook and he has too many of those bars that have that "dumb nikka trying to sound creative," cringeworthy feel.

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nitty doesn't win battles but ok
full