Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Say what you want but Cal's an honorable nikka. He saved ars and surf in detroit too. He a cool dude. Doesn't come unprepared and showed up to the event so he takes the heat. There's a guy who should be getting booked no problem.
Didn't murder Lux after Summer Madness 2 as well. A lesser man may have.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That made no sense, Surf loves to just talk himself into a hole. I felt embarrassed for him when I heard that, just out here freestyling excuses. And I just realized he hasn't hit us with the "I'm unmotivated because I was going to battle Mook then retire, but that fell through..... I only stuck around for the fans" excuse yet.

I want him to do well tomorrow, but I'm not going to get my hopes up :francis:
Don't worry, he's just saving those.

Damn near all of these cats make excuses though, some are just better at it than others. Lux took his L to Mook on the chin. Roc learned from his loss to Charlie and early career and built himself up to what he is today. These other cats when they lose though pull out all kind of excuses, or just deny that they even lost (I'm talking about you Dizaster, who still claims he bodied T-Rex).

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Verb/Hitman is the greatest battle ever. I don't know how anyone can not love that battle. All six rounds were fire, no cringe worthy lines, the crowd was amped but didn't ruin the battle, it was intense, had personals and bars, neither battler interrupted the other. It was perfect.

Only other battle like that to me is JC/Chilla but they didn't have the personal history, so it drops it ever so slightly to number 2.

Add Qleen vs Ars
Math vs Diz

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Say what you want but Cal's an honorable nikka. He saved ars and surf in detroit too. He a cool dude. Doesn't come unprepared and showed up to the event so he takes the heat. There's a guy who should be getting booked no problem.

But his asking price is thru the roof right now. Not too many people are booking Cal for 20 bands

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
But his asking price is thru the roof right now. Not too many people are booking Cal for 20 bands
Im assuming his asking price is that high because he's not as interested, he seems to be more about his music and whatever community stuff he's been doing in detroit

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
So Norbes and Posey both stated JC was suppose to battle Chess on URL and started acting like a diva. Asking for more bread or saying he needs a bigger name on the next card :francis:

Yet he battles concrere carls for pennies on any other league :snoop:

Yea lets just take their word for it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Norbes and Posey both stated JC was suppose to battle Chess on URL and started acting like a diva. Asking for more bread or saying he needs a bigger name on the next card :francis:

It's insane. As good as JC is, he doesn't do ANYTHING to promote his battles. So he has little negotiating leverage with bigger platforms. That's why he will be stuck battling on Backdoor Battle League vs nobodies.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Aight brehs lets talk about it

Who in the fukk are they gonna have headlining SM6 and 7?

that Roc/Nitty matchup kinda created itself and was the talk of the year, they aint gonna be able to manufacture hype for 1 let alone 2 major cards like that

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Aight brehs lets talk about it

Who in the fukk are they gonna have headlining SM6 and 7?

that Roc/Nitty matchup kinda created itself and was the talk of the yearn they aint gonna be able to manufacture hype for 1 let alone 2 major cards like that

They prolly gonna use the situation to rebuttal the fans that were upset at them not giving the popular new nikkas that showed out all year a shot on Nome
(Top, Brizz, Ave, Chess, Nitty, Mike P)

And put them on SM alongside the obvious toptiers