Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight brehs lets talk about it

Who in the fukk are they gonna have headlining SM6 and 7?

that Roc/Nitty matchup kinda created itself and was the talk of the year, they aint gonna be able to manufacture hype for 1 let alone 2 major cards like that

I dislike the idea, I hope Smack was bugging out. It means that matchups will have to be locked in way in advance. If so, those guys will go around taking checks in the months leading up to the event.

On the positive side, we probably get Suge/Hitman & Rex/Shine. Unlikely they will be on the same card though.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even think JC is a diva.

JC, like other like minded midtier battlers just don't want to battle on the URL, so they become difficult and price themselves out. There is a certain pressure to perform well on the URL that you just don't have to deal with on other leagues.

JC has never been the type to really care about being on the best platform or getting the best looks.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dislike the idea, I hope Smack was bugging out. It means that matchups will have to be locked in way in advance. If so, those guys will go around taking checks in the months leading up to the event.

On the positive side, we probably get Suge/Hitman & Rex/Shine. Unlikely they will be on the same card though.

Summer Madness is just a title, no different than NOME in reality. If there's a NOME/SM or SM/SM, what's the difference?

Summer Madness is the slightly bigger brand with great signature music, but the cards are never really that different from each other.

Your right though, the idea is stupid. It would just be watering it down. The goal should be to put together one great card.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even think JC is a diva.

JC, like other like minded midtier battlers just don't want to battle on the URL, so they become difficult and price themselves out. There is a certain pressure to perform well on the URL that you just don't have to deal with on other leagues.

JC has never been the type to really care about being on the best platform or getting the best looks.

I kinda disagree. It's not like dude is up there choking or anything. I don't think the pressure gets to him, he's just delusional. Every time he's up there losing to a top tier, he's looking befuddled as if he has no idea why his opponent is getting more reaction. I've heard him say in an interview that performance isn't really important. He has the talent to work a stage without using words, and he's too stubborn to utilize it. You can't attain the level of showmanship of guys like Surf, Hitman, Shine, Big T etc. writing rhymes & playing the block all day. Nyggas was dancing, skating, hooping, playing football, whatever... and it shows when they work the stage.

Maybe you're right in a sense that he's literally so anti "performance" that he doesn't want to battle on URL.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I kinda disagree. It's not like dude is up there choking or anything. I don't think the pressure gets to him, he's just delusional. Every time he's up there losing to a top tier, he's looking befuddled as if he has no idea why his opponent is getting more reaction. I've heard him say in an interview that performance isn't really important. He has the talent to work a stage without using words, and he's too stubborn to utilize it. You can't attain the level of showmanship of guys like Surf, Hitman, Shine, Big T etc. writing rhymes & playing the block all day. Nyggas was dancing, skating, hooping, playing football, whatever... and it shows when they work the stage.

Maybe you're right in a sense that he's literally so anti "performance" that he doesn't want to battle on URL.
:ohhh:So you saying he prefers Bars over Everything leagues?

ReasonableMatic

Daps
15194487_10153767367165834_5802005280339502045_o.jpg

15109575_1491601837521604_1960025261147869868_n.jpg

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight brehs lets talk about it

Who in the fukk are they gonna have headlining SM6 and 7?

that Roc/Nitty matchup kinda created itself and was the talk of the year, they aint gonna be able to manufacture hype for 1 let alone 2 major cards like that
:childplease:

Y'all know damn well Smack was just talking shyt. It'll be a minor miracle if he actually pulls off two Summer Madness events next year, and if he does, one is just going to be "Summer Madness" in name, and he'll throw out some mid-tier or low-tier cats on the card and they can always say the fans are always complaining about "money hungry" vets so this is what y'all wanted.

I do actually think Hollow, Lux, or Mook ends up on URL next year, more likely the first two, but I don't know if there's really an avenue for the latter two.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So was JC. :troll:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So was JC. :troll:

Maybe I didn't make my point clearly, but the fact that JC has this talent and doesn't utilize it to his advantage is just bizarre. K-Shine literally danced his way back into top tier status. It may be corny in theory, but go back to any battle where K-Shine starts pop locking during a punchline, everyone loses their shyt. Big T dances all the time and no one complains. Hitman does choreographed moves. Surf slides around the stage... Prez sways back and forth rhythmically while he's rapping, etc. etc.

Some people had their chance to be "top tier" and blew it.... JC is literally still right there, he could put a little more effort into promotion & performance and make the jump immediately.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:childplease:

Y'all know damn well Smack was just talking shyt. It'll be a minor miracle if he actually pulls off two Summer Madness events next year, and if he does, one is just going to be "Summer Madness" in name, and he'll throw out some mid-tier or low-tier cats on the card and they can always say the fans are always complaining about "money hungry" vets so this is what y'all wanted.

I do actually think Hollow, Lux, or Mook ends up on URL next year, more likely the first two, but I don't know if there's really an avenue for the latter two.
I predict

Lux vs Verb headlines an event next year on URL and Hollow vs Tay Roc. I think they can pull off two SM cards with those as main events