Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
We already knew Hov watches battles tho.

THE WATCHER! Bet You Didn’t Know This About Jay-Z (DETAILS)

He's just too Hollywood to show some love. We've seen mad mainstream cats show love to the culture.. Hov just too Hollywood.
Where was I sayin y'all didn't know that before? :rudy:

I referring to me & @Ronnie Lott
defending battlerap a week and a half ago in The Booth with the same damn article ur posting right now

:jbhmm:The same Loaded Lux Jay Z co-signed on Twitter

:jbhmm: So because loaded lux and Mook didn't make it in music they were inferior battlerappers
How does that make any sense when spitting accapella and on beat are two completely different ways off rhymin :russ:

:jbhmm: So is it laughable Jay z himself watches it religiously..

So lemme quote Young Guru about Jay Z's fascination with battlerap.
The SAME battlerap y'all tryna downplay

>>> “Jay-Z has probably watched every SMACK DVD, Grind Time battle, freestyle, and every battle that has ever been on YouTube. <<<

If you ever battle in any situation that has any remote type of promotion, he’s seen it. He calls me like, ‘Please come watch this battle.’ Jay watches all of them. I mean all of them. Every battle that has ever been on.

Jay watches these dudes freestyle on YouTube. Like, if you’re a battle MC from Philly, you may not have been in a battle but you just get on YouTube and start rapping, Jay watches those religiously.

It’s just the weirdest thing in the world but he really loves it to the point where I’m like, ‘Yo, turn it off.’”

THE WATCHER! Bet You Didn’t Know This About Jay-Z (DETAILS)

Jay Z, Lupe Fiasco, Kendrick Lamar, Lloyd Banks, Eminem and all other emcees y'all praise for their lyricism are in tune

Y'all nikkas downplaying battlerap just ain't :russ:

FACTS

ReasonableMatic

Daps
For someone who is very selective like Bdot, he chose like the worst opponent. Who really looks good against Cortez?

Sometimes I just :snoop: at the decisions some of these battlerap nikkas make.

URL: We know you wanna battle Saga, but check it out.. We want you to do a PG first, THEN we'll give you Saga. One of the most anticipated battles of last year because of the match-up and the Buzz of ur last battle

Bdot: Naah, I'm not doin no damn PG, who think I am :what:
I'm taking Cortez on KOTD instead FOH :win:

SMH

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

URL: We know you wanna battle Saga, but check it out.. We want you to do a PG first, THEN we'll give you Saga. One of the most anticipated battles of last year because of the match-up and the Buzz of ur last battle

SMH

:dead:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
For someone who is very selective like Bdot, he chose like the worst opponent. Who really looks good against Cortez?

SMH

Guess you two don't even remember do you? Y'all are quick to forget that Cortez, Tink, and Mike P. all were trying to shyt on BDot. He even had something on deck with LABG for at least one of them. Couple months down the road....the Cortez battle gets announced and you want to clown? C'mon now, gotta give the battle a chance since shyt has already been talked and its been confirmed. Its not like they'll be buddy buddy with each other.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math delivered a baby a few hours before that battle. I hate the fact we act like it was some crazy bag by T Top when it honestly was circumstance. Top's faced some of the best talent but you can argue all at their worse (on URL.)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Random. Whoever is the first one to do a kermit meme bar. That shyt is gonna hit so hard. Lmfaooooo
I know it's already been done, I just can't remember for the life of me who said it or what they actually spit. Maybe I'm making it up in my head though. :yeshrug:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Guess you two don't even remember do you? Y'all are quick to forget that Cortez, Tink, and Mike P. all were trying to shyt on BDot. He even had something on deck with LABG for at least one of them. Couple months down the road....the Cortez battle gets announced and you want to clown? C'mon now, gotta give the battle a chance since shyt has already been talked and its been confirmed. Its not like they'll be buddy buddy with each other.

My nikka, where am I sayin the battle w/ Cortez isn't gonna be good or doesn't make sense :what:

I'm sayin, nikkas don't be thinking LONG TERM.
If I'm Bdot, I'm not wasting 3 rounds of fire on Cortez for KOTD when I can spit the same rounds of FIRE on URL later down the line and fukk the game up.
If I'm Bdot, I'm takin that PG. Cause I know I'll get one of the most anticipated battles of last year GUARANTEED. I'll KILL Saga and get Cortez on URL right after him cause of demand and history around that battle and spit the same rounds of FIRE I had for em since back then.
Which scenario you think would be better for my career?

Shyt look at Danny Myers, his dumb ass battled way too many big names outside of URL. That's why even tho he faced them names it doesn't matter.

Look at Nitty, last year he was crying about being on URL.
They offered Ave to him which he didn't wanna battle at that time because he felt like it was beneath him.
He took the battle instead, got battle of the year and a HUGE buzz with it. Got Charlie Clips, beat him.
And now he got Roc which is one of the most anticipated battles of 2016.

If you don't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Math delivered a baby a few hours before that battle. I hate the fact we act like it was some crazy bag by T Top when it honestly was circumstance. Top's faced some of the best talent but you can argue all at their worse (on URL.)
:yawn:

And Math didn't deliver the damn baby lol.

T-Top is showing up and putting in the work, he can't control what these other cats are doing.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka, where am I sayin the battle w/ Cortez isn't gonna be good? :what:

I'm sayin, nikkas don't be thinking LONG TERM.
If I'm Bdot, I'm not wasting 3 rounds of fire on Cortez for KOTD when I can spit the same amount of FIRE on URL later down the line and fukk the game up.
If I'm Bdot, I'm takin that PG. Cause I know I'll get one of the most anticipated battles of last year GUARANTEED. I'll KILL Saga and get Cortez on URL right after him cause of demand and history around that battle and spit the same around of FIRE I had for em since back then.
Which scenario you think would be better for my career?

Shyt look at Danny Myers, his dumb ass battled way too many big names outside of URL. That's why even tho he faced them names it doesn't matter.

Look at Nitty, last year he was crying about being on URL.
They offered Ave to him which he didn't wanna battle at that time because he felt like it was beneath him.
He took the battle instead, got battle of the year. Got Charlie Clips, beat him.
And now he got Roc which is one of the most anticipated battles of 2016.

If you don't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah the reality of it is, a Cortez battle is not going anywhere. It will always be there for him.

As you said, this has nothing to do with the quality of the battle. Rather the business move Bdot is making. I'm all for the battle.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yawn:

And Math didn't deliver the damn baby lol.

T-Top is showing up and putting in the work, he can't control what these other cats are doing.

I kinda agree with both of you. T-Top shows up with 3 quality rounds every time. But I was expecting Top's content to be more memorable. I gave Math the first.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
This is the full card he told me:

Jaz vs E Hart
Bill Collector vs Wavy
O-Red vs Ave
Chess vs Daylyt
Prez vs Money Bagz
Twork vs Glueazy
Danny Meyers vs Steams

BC in a position to bodybag Wavy.

Random. Whoever is the first one to do a kermit meme bar. That shyt is gonna hit so hard. Lmfaooooo
Daylyt did one, so did Nitty. The old tea meme