Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
It works, because it sways the fans. It can also throw your opponent off if they're sensitive. You just have to pick your spots, it's a dangerous move to do it all throughout your opponent's round. It's even more dangerous to do it against a freestyler. When Bigg K's opponent gets a cheer for a corny punchline, and he does that leg kick, it's funny because I feel him. But when he's being sour all throughout the round, it looks lame. When Brizz was doing that "That's a reach" movement in some of his earlier battles, it was funny.

Remember the faces Math was making when Rex said some tough guy shyt during their first battle? It gave that feeling like Rex was talking out his azz.

Charlie Clips escaped a bodybag by doing everything he could to kill B-Magic's momentum.

Remember Conceited vs Jesse James? Remember the way Con was pacing around during Jesse James round like "Is this dude serious?" "Are you done yet?" You don't remember anything Jesse James said, you just associate his name with being corny and trash. A gif of Con's facial expressions is still being widely used on Twitter today.

Conceited Reaction | Know Your Meme

Conceited was one of the few who pulled this off for a whole round.

He bodied Jesse James while Jesse James was rapping... then he rapped and bodied him again.

Serius tried to pull that off when he battled Math, but he took it too far with the chicks twerking on stage and whatnot. But we would remember that "Whooo" a little differently if Math didn't hit him...
Sometimes it works..Conceited was hilarious against Jesse James lmao..it's more so the talking while your opponent is rapping that I have a problem with..Nitty did that a lot vs Ill Will because Will had the room rocking

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Read my post with the video bro lol.. n kno he aint slow but that video was mad suspect ha
Yeah, you didn't have the video with the first one lol, that shyt is hilarious. I think Lux probably just had one of those "moments" we all have, where somebody says something incredibly simple to you but you're over analyzing it as though you thought it had to be a lot more complicated.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Jersey" or not, Top has been better than Surf for a while now bruh

I'm not really impressed by T-Top personally
People in this forum were going on and on about how T-Top's performance against Math wasn't really that good and it was overrated and it was boring, but I guarantee all of those same posters are going to be talking about how incredible his performance against Surf is and how Surf needs to die, regardless of what happens.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Personally, I dont see how anyone could have been critical of Top's performance against Math or how anyone can deny how bad he made him look. He did EXACTLY what you're supposed to do to an opponent. Although Surf has a large group of detractors, and yes, people will want him to lose, only Surf is responsible for how Surf looks at Nome. Nobody had an issue saying Surf beat Hitman when he did (and nobody amped up Hitman's performance to make it seem debatable either).

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Personally, I dont see how anyone could have been critical of Top's performance against Math or how anyone can deny how bad he made him look. He did EXACTLY what you're supposed to do to an opponent. Although Surf has a large group of detractors, and yes, people will want him to lose, only Surf is responsible for how Surf looks at Nome. Nobody had an issue saying Surf beat Hitman when he did (and nobody amped up Hitman's performance to make it seem debatable either).
IDK. Top definitely beat Math but his performance wasn't crazy to me. Top 1st rd was super lite. He has been average since winning UFF imo. His performance against Clips wasn't that crazy, he did good against Suge but still lost, he beat Rex but again, I didn't think he was that crazy.