Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rum had to spit some of his craziest shyt tho, Ill had reaches and dry spots in his round. Punchline battlers are only as good as their last punch

and i disagree about the top tier label, you can clearly see a difference

When i look at the difference between "top tier" battlers and guys who aren't, the main difference i see is star power, these dudes managed to carry a glow/presence/aura/confidence about them for YEARS, whereas alot of mid tier and PG dudes can only sustain that for 2-3 battles tops. Clips/Math/Yung ill started to lose they shyt and slowly started falling off of everyones lists, guys like Big T and Verb are off and on, DNA/Hollow/Lux/Mook/Goodz/Tay Roc etc. never slipped or had a major breakdown of character

it's the difference between being a mainstream artist and an underground nikka, yea the mainstream guy might not be better at rapping but he's got a draw that makes people wanna see him

It's like wrestling. You got the ticket sellers and then you have the workhouses, the dean melenko type nyggaa.

Every now and then, you'll have a technical guy that can draw. It always viewed Lux as a Bret Hart. Verb would be like a Mr Perfect. Someone in the same lane, but never quit made that leap.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Who yall think gonna be the next one to make that top tier leap? a mid-tier returning to the URL or one of the PG's?

i think Brizz gonna stay middle ground, T-top already gettin top tier respect so im not counting him

it's crazy how John John really is the only PG to make that leap and hold that spot down for so long :wow: and i hate him

i don't see Rum Nitty's streak going that far once he really starts battling big name nikkas, Ill Will did what most other top tier are gonna do to him and he had a hard time with that

Ave having zero charisma/star power gonna be his downfall, im tellin yall he's just JC with more bass in his voice, all it's gonna take is one nikka to style on him and he won't look the same

Twork's hairline won't allow him to prosper :whew: imagine a nikka like Goodz writing a round on that shyt, career ending material

I actually see Danny getting up there he just needs to tone down on the goofiness, even when he was turning up on YK i couldn't help but laugh :mjlol:

Ored is long overdue, i feel bad for whoever he battles next cuz they gettin the whole clip
T Top..he just has that IT factor
& Yea I agree with you whoever O Red battles next is getting 50 at Madison Square Garden lol

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Surf tried to shyt on the bloggers earlier today
He was shyttin on all of em except JayBlac like he didn't dikkride the same bloggers during the ghostwriting accusations with Ah Di Boom
Surf speaks (1h15m)

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
14900473_10207512100548326_182902635353535826_n.jpg

a throwaway he has for daylyt

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Surf tried to shyt on the bloggers earlier today
He was shyttin on all of em except JayBlac like he didn't dikkride the same bloggers during the ghostwriting accusations with Ah Di Boom
Surf speaks (1h15m)

Caps contradicts himself because he gets mad when battlers brings up their old wins, but he constantly brings up their old loses. A battler can be talking about "I beat such and such" and Caps will say "nikka I'm a keep it real, that was like 2-3 years ago. Like what have you done recently" then 12 minutes later talk about a battle the guy lost in 2010 and say "He's not been that crazy". Lol. I wish I could call in sometimes but time difference makes it hard, plus I don't like being on platforms where the person you're debating has control of the conversation.

I agree with his overall point though, Surf really does complain when nikkas aren't acting like he's god's gift. He's being ridiculous if he doesn't think his Rex battle at least warrants backlash. That was silly.

Last edited:

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Who yall think gonna be the next one to make that top tier leap? a mid-tier returning to the URL or one of the PG's?

i think Brizz gonna stay middle ground, T-top already gettin top tier respect so im not counting him

it's crazy how John John really is the only PG to make that leap and hold that spot down for so long :wow: and i hate him

i don't see Rum Nitty's streak going that far once he really starts battling big name nikkas, Ill Will did what most other top tier are gonna do to him and he had a hard time with that

Ave having zero charisma/star power gonna be his downfall, im tellin yall he's just JC with more bass in his voice, all it's gonna take is one nikka to style on him and he won't look the same

Twork's hairline won't allow him to prosper :whew: imagine a nikka like Goodz writing a round on that shyt, career ending material

I actually see Danny getting up there he just needs to tone down on the goofiness, even when he was turning up on YK i couldn't help but laugh :mjlol:

Ored is long overdue, i feel bad for whoever he battles next cuz they gettin the whole clip

I agree that due to his style, Nitty will forever stand on shaky ground. BUT he can get in that B. Magic top tier lane (or is he already in it?) and stay there if he battles 2-3 times a year.

Ill Will can absolutely make the jump if he puts one or two popular names in the ground.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else here ever had random battle rap bars that stick in your head for a day or two? And you find yourself repeating them in your head or even out loud? This happened to me a few times :russ:

"Even though you told with your greasy ass. these bullets will go straight through they got easy pass" Rex vs Verb

"To keep the beef fresh I brought something aluminum for you/foil" - Magic vs Con

Qleen's whole Arsonal/Our son now scheme vs Arsonal

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Anyone else here ever had random battle rap bars that stick in your head for a day or two? And you find yourself repeating them in your head or even out loud? This happened to me a few times :russ:

"Even though you told with your greasy ass. these bullets will go straight through they got easy pass" Rex vs Verb

"To keep the beef fresh I brought something aluminum for you/foil" - Magic vs Con

Qleen's whole Arsonal/Our son now scheme vs Arsonal

Even worse, I'll remix the line in my head to see how else it could sound different. LOL.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Roc out here bloggin on Nitty :whew:

This battle is gonna be one for the books brehs :ohlawd: Nitty is on his shyt, and from what I've seen in the his battle vs Ars, Roc is in his bag too. Fans might win this one