Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
shyt actually this was a really good year for mid tiers, now that the top tier nikkas gettin pushed out all these mid level guys are getting called back to smack, and they hungry

PG vs Mid tiers for 2017 gonna be lit, hopefully dudes like ored/danny/yk/jc take advantage and show up tryna catch bodybags all year

The hunger level is definitely high, and dudes are getting shots. It's a transitional period where the old guard are just plain getting phased out. It's going to seem "rocky" in terms of starpower for a while, but eventually new "stars" will be made. But we all probably need to accept that battlerap itself has changed in such a way that the "classic" feel and the "top tier" feel is just going to be different.

I feel like the NBA went through something like this in the early

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The hunger level is definitely high, and dudes are getting shots. It's a transitional period where the old guard are just plain getting phased out. It's going to seem "rocky" in terms of starpower for a while, but eventually new "stars" will be made. But we all probably need to accept that battlerap itself has changed in such a way that the "classic" feel and the "top tier" feel is just going to be different.

I feel like the NBA went through something like this in the early

ayo!
2016-11-03.png
you almost started some shyt with this one boi

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Who yall think gonna be the next one to make that top tier leap? a mid-tier returning to the URL or one of the PG's?

i think Brizz gonna stay middle ground, T-top already gettin top tier respect so im not counting him

it's crazy how John John really is the only PG to make that leap and hold that spot down for so long :wow: and i hate him

i don't see Rum Nitty's streak going that far once he really starts battling big name nikkas, Ill Will did what most other top tier are gonna do to him and he had a hard time with that

Ave having zero charisma/star power gonna be his downfall, im tellin yall he's just JC with more bass in his voice, all it's gonna take is one nikka to style on him and he won't look the same

Twork's hairline won't allow him to prosper :whew: imagine a nikka like Goodz writing a round on that shyt, career ending material

I actually see Danny getting up there he just needs to tone down on the goofiness, even when he was turning up on YK i couldn't help but laugh :mjlol:

Ored is long overdue, i feel bad for whoever he battles next cuz they gettin the whole clip

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Who yall think gonna be the next one to make that top tier leap? a mid-tier returning to the URL or one of the PG's?

i think Brizz gonna stay middle ground, T-top already gettin top tier respect so im not counting him

it's crazy how John John really is the only PG to make that leap and hold that spot down for so long :wow: and i hate him

i don't see Rum Nitty's streak going that far once he really starts battling big name nikkas, Ill Will did what most other top tier are gonna do to him and he had a hard time with that

Ave having zero charisma/star power gonna be his downfall, im tellin yall he's just JC with more bass in his voice, all it's gonna take is one nikka to style on him and he won't look the same

Twork's hairline won't allow him to prosper :whew: imagine a nikka like Goodz writing a round on that shyt, career ending material

I actually see Danny getting up there he just needs to tone down on the goofiness, even when he was turning up on YK i couldn't help but laugh :mjlol:

Ored is long overdue, i feel bad for whoever he battles next cuz they gettin the whole clip

A hard time:patrice: a lot of people had Nitty winning that one or had it debatable

ILL WILL in 2016-17 is gonna be a problem for anybody he faces. He's gonna kill Clips, just watch, (keep the file) :sas1:

The whole "top tier" title/label is bullshyt tho. It's a meaningless label that really doesn't mean shyt. What does top tier really mean? What are we basing this off of?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
A hard time:patrice: a lot of people had Nitty winning that one or had it debatable

ILL WILL in 2016-17 is gonna be a problem for anybody he faces. He's gonna kill Clips, just watch, (keep the file) :sas1:

The whole "top tier" title/label is bullshyt tho. It's a meaningless label that really doesn't mean shyt. What does top tier really mean? What are we basing this off of?
Rum had to spit some of his craziest shyt tho, Ill had reaches and dry spots in his round. Punchline battlers are only as good as their last punch

and i disagree about the top tier label, you can clearly see a difference

When i look at the difference between "top tier" battlers and guys who aren't, the main difference i see is star power, these dudes managed to carry a glow/presence/aura/confidence about them for YEARS, whereas alot of mid tier and PG dudes can only sustain that for 2-3 battles tops. Clips/Math/Yung ill started to lose they shyt and slowly started falling off of everyones lists, guys like Big T and Verb are off and on, DNA/Hollow/Lux/Mook/Goodz/Tay Roc etc. never slipped or had a major breakdown of character

it's the difference between being a mainstream artist and an underground nikka, yea the mainstream guy might not be better at rapping but he's got a draw that makes people wanna see him

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Danny doesn't have it. Plus he's 46. He's never going to be a real top tier, at least not on real URL stages.